What's new
What's new

AGIE HSS250 FLUSHING & Work Earthing.

sputnikprecision

Aluminum
I have an HSS250 machine which gave me all sorts of problems but on the whole I have sorted the machine to give me an appreciatable return in terms of work done with it, however I still have some baffling issues which maybe some of your forum users may enlighten me to them.
I have noticed that sometimes the flushing is non existent. The worktank would look like a stagnant pool of water! On other occasions, it looks like a boiling pot with water sometimes shooting out of the tank and as most of you would deduct, improper flushing leads to compulsive wire breaks and very slow cutting due to the P value reduced down sustantially.
Does anybody know how the flushing pressure on this machine is achieved? The flushing pump is a submersible pump which delivers water into a manifold which has various valves outputing the water. I suspect some valve is not functioning or function erratically. anybody can help in this.

Next I ask something about earthing. The Head delivers various connecting straps bolted to the table. The workpiece would be mounted directly on the table, however I have noticed that if I bridge the workpiece with a crocodile clip and cable to one of these straps, there is a considerable spark and this tells me that for some reason the contact of the straps is not reaching the workpiece 100%. any idea about what may be going on?

The only time my tank looks like a boiling pot with water coming out of the tank is when the tank level is low. My main drain valve does not seat properly on occasion and it allows the level in the tank to leak down so the top of the work piece is almost exposed then I get a lot of the splashing. It the top of the work piece is covered by a good bit of water that does not happen.

If you are pretty sure it is not flushing at all, you could run it with out being submerged and you could probably tell if the flushing was actually on or not.

As for the grounding straps, I would remove and clean all of those connections.

Gary

your machine should not drop the water as there is a sensor which keeps the tank full. The valve does not close because it might be full of scales which are flakes of sediment. I would clean properly as the pieces become like stones and these would wedge the valve and preventing a watertight seal. As far as I know, the machine would not work unless the correct level is reached unless its been doctored.

Hi,
You can check the fluschingpump by selecting Q14,with bad=0 and p=0.2 bar
Take care first to close the 2 Taps on the front from the worktank.
After starting erosion in the air,you can open both taps and rise a bit the p parameter.
Now you can easely see the water coming out off the lower and upper head.

Sometimes I would get a deionising crystal blocking the olive in the the flushing pipe that comes in to the upper head, that would reduce the flushing pressure. If you follow that pipe out of the back of the machine, it goes in to like a manifold box (pain to get to). Can't rememeber which number the pipe is, but it you undo the inlet and outlet on this pipe into the manifold, there is a little olive in there with a really small hole through it, this is just slightly smaller than a crystal and can reduce the flushing pressure.

Back