What's new
What's new

Agiecharmilles VP3 error

EXP10

Plastic
I am completely new to wire EDM. My work purchase one and it's the only one we have. I had a 4 day crash course to run this expensive machine. It's now been 5 months of playing around. It's not used for production parts , just shop fixes and engineering changes of hole moved stuff like that. Ok here is my problem. I tried to burn with a height of 110 mm 1st time something this tall.) the machine feed me this error message:
Height of the allowed machine area lower than the piece piece. I'm sure it's just a z height accidentally hit bit I can't figure it out. Like I said I'm new to this and themachine. I'm the only one took the lead to run it. Hopping someone one with a AgieCharmilles can shed some light my way.

Not sure about the VP3 control but on the CUT series:

When you create the .tec file you are prompted to enter a part height.

There is also a part height setting (HP) on the "User Settings" page.

If there is too much difference between the two a similar error occurs.

The VP3 is going to be a different set-up from the CUT series...

In his case, the height of work piece is greater than Z correction picked up by upper head probe (or what was manually set there)
You need to cheat and lower the value of the Z Height of part in Piece Editor/ Piece Dimension.

Machine probes top of part and puts that value in Z corrections column.
If that value is lower than total Z height of part he programmed, the machine thinks the part is sitting below table 0 at bottom of part and won’t run job in order to avoid collision at lower head.

So the best trick is to change the Height (Z) to lower value, lower than Z correction.

Screen Shot 1.jpgScreen Shot 2.jpg

I am completely new to wire EDM. My work purchase one and it's the only one we have. I had a 4 day crash course to run this expensive machine. It's now been 5 months of playing around. It's not used for production parts , just shop fixes and engineering changes of hole moved stuff like that. Ok here is my problem. I tried to burn with a height of 110 mm 1st time something this tall.) the machine feed me this error message:
Height of the allowed machine area lower than the piece piece. I'm sure it's just a z height accidentally hit bit I can't figure it out. Like I said I'm new to this and themachine. I'm the only one took the lead to run it. Hopping someone one with a AgieCharmilles can shed some light my way.

I can certainly help you here, I have trained operators worldwide on this control

Hey I started to gradually decrease in zip height manually and got to 100mm then the machine took off running. My security hight was up enough not to cause a issue so my piece was 100.6 mm tall and manually inputted 100.00 mm and it worked. Interesting that most I've done been around 75 mm and under I've never had to do that low. I was told to manually add .2 mm and it always worked.

Thanks again

Set your collision protection on to prevent axis collision. This will prevent accidental early day issues

Back