What's new
What's new

AGIECUT 50 Controller

hamsters_b

Plastic
We currently are operating an AGIECUT 50 Wire EDM and we have up until this point hand written all programs. I would like to get a better understanding on the controller used by this machine.

We have had the tape drive removed and can directly send the .txt files to it via a desktop PC. I would like to try and find the name of the controller code, the syntax for the controller and some CAD/CAM software that would be compatibile for this machine. Any other help regarding any aspect of this machine would be also be helpfully.

Thanks in advance!
Andrew

AGIE Post

Andrew,

AGIE uses their own special format that is very different from everyone else. Most CAD/CAM companies have a post. I do not think there is a name for the format they use.

You could try going to www.imsrv.com and downloading Vector to give it a try. This is a good entry level software. If it does not have the AGIE post with it let me know.

This will give you something to try at no cost !

Larry McNamee

Agie 50 post

Thanks EDM_support for your reply. I tried the software but it didn't have the post for this machine. Don't have the time right now to learn any new CAD/CAM software but might be interested in the future. Got some pressing work right now that needs to be completed.

I have found that the code is refered to a CNC100/3. The AGIE 50 was one of or was the last AGIE machine to use this code. The next generation code was named CNC 123. If anyone is familiar with the syntax, i.e. headers etc. Please enlighten me.
I have been slowly been gathering info and experience on the machine and i will post up what i learn.

Thanks

AC50 - AC123 almost the same

The basic difference between the 2 is the autothread and cut commands. You can run the AC50 program in the AC100.

AC50 has a control called CNC100/3
AC100 - CNC123 (100/200/300)

Larry McNamee

AGIEMERIC CNC 100 Manual

My many hours of digging around and searching for information in regards to the code used for the AGIECUT 50 habeen succesful. I have managed to get my hands on a manual, the manual is called Description of input formats and functions.

Anyone who is interested in a copy of it I will scan it and e-mail to you.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
please check your private inbox-I have sent u a message

In fact it is about CNC 100/3 rules of programming-I urgently need them
Nikolay

Last edited:
My many hours of digging around and searching for information in regards to the code used for the AGIECUT 50 habeen succesful. I have managed to get my hands on a manual, the manual is called Description of input formats and functions.

Anyone who is interested in a copy of it I will scan it and e-mail to you.

Regards,
Andrew

Dear Sir,
I have recently bought a AGIE MA400, DEM400, CNC/100 wire edm. I am looking for manuals for this machine. I will be grateful to you to receive whatever you have on this machine.
Regards
S D Kulkarni
E-Mail: [email protected]

Back