What's new
What's new

Agiematic CF20

waverly

Plastic
Agie gets high marks here.....I have searched for Agiematic CF 20 with no results....anyone know about this machine? I am looking at a used one for my shop.

Simpatico? Let's compare notes...EDM help as a side benefit.

I've been a machine shop owner for 27 years now...know lathes/mills backwards and forwards. At IMTS 18 months ago I spent a bit of time gazing at wire EDM's...and thought wow, that would be fun to learn. I have since read the beginner books recommended here and have spent more than a few hours online reading everything I can find..........

Today I was high bidder on e-bay for a "Agiematic CF20", 1993 (login to e-bay, advanced search, completed items only for "agiematic cf20" if interested).

I know, I know, everyone says do not buy a machine that you have not seen operate.

$3150 plus shipping is not much money these days, so what the heck....Pretty cheap way to put a machine in my shop to tinker with!

My first CNC was a used 1980 Pratt & Whitney "Star-turn" lathe with General Numeric (Fanuc 5C) control. Wow that was "cool". I learned how to hook up a teletype to my IBM PC to punch a tape, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I even made a few dollars in between the hours spent manually calculating toolpath end points and punching tapes. That was a cheap way for a poor boy to get started in CNC.....sold the machine after about 4 years for more than I paid for it. (I remember that I hated that air operated turret!).

The good lord willing, I will have 1/10 as much fun with this Agie as I had with that turkey lathe!

Some of you good folks here can relate with a smile to what I write here, and I know some think I am crazy. Those smiling know exactly what I am talking about. We are a fortunate few souls. We love coming to work. Every day is a weekend day for us. TGIF means nothing to us. Sunday evenings are fun as we get to look forward to getting back to our playground on the Monday morns that so many hate. I'll never retire...I hope that in 35 years at the age of 90 that I'm still able to run this shop and still be able to keep my mind sharp with tinkering.

Oh, and if any one is interested, I sure would like to sell a really nice VF4 (1997). I think I am going to take advantage of the Haas special and buy a new one this week.

Cheers,
waverly

The "CF" usually refers to the computer cabinet on an Agie wire EDM. There should be another model number for the machine. Could be a 150 MMD or something else.
Rolf B.

Back