What's new
What's new

How to load the program on old AGIE 100?

claytonbraga

Plastic
Hello Guys,

I need your help in a "simple" question, how I can load a software on old Agie 100? I bought one to be repaired (the monitor is damaged and one water pump is missing). and I'm trying to found a monitor to replace the original but I have this doubt about the process to load a program on this machine, what is the procedure and the software that I need to use in computer to transfer the file?

I attached some pictures of my machine showing the circuit that I imagine is related to the file transfer.

Any help will be great.

Regards.

Clayton Braga

Attachments

• Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 66
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 61
it is set up for serial input. you can use hyperterminal in windows. a web search shows it is available for windows 10. most older versions of windows contain hyperterminal in accessories. you will need to connect using an RS-232 cable. and have to set up your serial port.

Thak you Agieman, As soon I fix the issue with the monitor I will try to send a file with the hiperterminal

with an old machine like that, you're going to want to be in touch with Larry McNamee, an old Agie expert. His company is EDM Support.

Hello Guys,

I finally succeed to fix the issue on Monitor (I replace the CRT to a LCD), now I'm having difficulty to transfer the program to machine, I'm triyng to use the Hyperterminal from Windows but the computer didn't send anything to machine.

On machine I press OPM 12 enter, and enter againg and them RDY and START.
There is a LED on machine for data transmission that start to blink but nothing change on LED display.

There is a different procedure to do on machine to receive the file?
What should be the configuration of serial communication?
I'm using the standard configuration
Baud rate 9600
Parity: no
Data bits 8
Stop bits: 1

Any help will be great.

Clayton Braga

not sure if set up for hyperterminal is right which port are you connected to on your computer are you using a rs-232 cable pins 2+3 usually invert

I'm using the machine cable, this cable originally goes from the PTR-Emu board to the side of cabinet, I just removed the connector from cabinet side and connected direct to the computer(with windows XP). I believe that there is no pin inverted as this cable use a flat cable. (see the picture attached).

The pin 2 and 3 are the TX and RX? do you believe that is better to buy a new serial cable or to solder a new one by myself?

I tried to use a USB/serial converter on another computer with windows 10 but the results was the same.

Attachments

• comp.JPG
    comp.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 27
  • PTR.jpg
    PTR.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 35
I'm using the machine cable, this cable originally goes from the PTR-Emu board to the side of cabinet, I just removed the connector from cabinet side and connected direct to the computer(with windows XP). I believe that there is no pin inverted as this cable use a flat cable. (see the picture attached).

The pin 2 and 3 are the TX and RX? do you believe that is better to buy a new serial cable or to solder a new one by myself?

I tried to use a USB/serial converter on another computer with windows 10 but the results was the same.

Today i soldered a rs232 cable with pins 2 and 3 inverted but nothing changed.
I'm suspecting that the problem is related to the software that I'm using or some machine configuration (I'm trying to transfer using hyperterminal, Fikus visual CAM, and a Brazilian Cam software) 🙁

Hello Agieman,

I Finally found a way to transfer the program to the machine (I'm using Cimco software but the main problem was the serial port configuration) But now the machine is presenting error 420 and 511 at same time when the program start to run, I believe that the error 511 (MID not start) is a consequence of 420 right? to check the 420 error I evaluated the encoder o'ring belt and the motor belt of conofil and it seems ok, I cleaned the "pizza cuter" that was very dity and the pulley on top of machine that have the solenoid, and the error still appearing at same time that 511 error.

Additional information, the error 254 000 is always on screen (for this moment there is no resin on machine and the conductivity of water is 216 uS (I know that should be around 10uS but I just put water to test the pumps) after solve the alarms I will replace the water and put resin to have the good value of K.

Do your or anybody have any idea to solve the 420 and 511 error?

Thanks for your help.

Clayton Braga

420 is wire slippage check the belts and check the carbide rings that the wire wraps around in brake assembly. thread the wire and with the handbox on run the wire. Grab the black brake wheel on the conofil. the wire should break between upper and lower head. if not, determine if it is slipping in the belts or around the brake wheel. if belts replace or index. if brake wheel then remove the carbide rings and clean them with scotchbrite and acetone. try again and see if wire breaks.
511 is gen not ready. open the back door of MID cabinet(the one with the circuit breakers there should be 2 contactors on a board next to the breakers make sure they are NOT stuck between opened and closed. Give them a tap.
254:000 is because the small grey pump (M-5) is not pumping water, or probe is having issues.

Hello Agieman, you are the Man, your answer as precisely, I performed the test and was easy to see that the wire is slipping in the brake whell, I cleaned and the alarm disapear but some minutes later started to apear again, I will make a double check to understand better this point tomorrow. Regarding the 511 alarm the solution was exactly as described, it was just the contactors stucked (now it is ok). the 254:000 I replaced the probe by another one used in my Agie 200D machine and nothing changed, I will perform more investigation on probe cable etc. Thank you again for your help and I will let you know about my progress. :)
I need to pay a beer or a coffee for you if you come to Brazil one day, just let me know :)

Back