What's new
What's new

Alarm Problems with Mitsubishi Wire EDM

dhaigh

Plastic
Hey guys,
I'm having some problems with my Mitsubishi wire EDM machine, the power went out and when I re-booted the machine a few alarms came up after the OS finished starting up.

Here are the problems:
1. S01 Servo Alarm
2. PR 0025 X Please Ref. Return XY

I know that doing an origin return would clear problem #2, unfortunately the machine cannot be put into "ready" mode in order to perform the origin return. As for the servo alarm, I am clueless on how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some side Notes:
- I already tried shutting the machine down and restarting it (silly I know but sometimes it works) with no luck, and I have navigated through the menus with no luck.
- The machine is around 8-10 years old

I had a servo alarm after a thundstorm, and had to reload the software, thats on an fx-10 also your battery might be dead.

Bruce

Is there a specific way I can check the battery to see if it is shot (sorry I'm relatively new and don't know much). I can try reloading the software, any idea on how long that took?

Check the lights on the actual servo drives. I am not familiar with Mits EDM stuff but you may have blown one with the sudden power loss which may very well not have been just a loss of power but also a surge.

I have had both batteries go bad (Large one on control floor and the NiCad on the board) Neither caused a servo alarm.

I would direct your attention to the servo boards as ConstantWave said. I would try unhooking the wire harness from each one before power-up. Try any trouble-shoot which one is the problem. I do not have an FX wire, but an EX sinker of the same era.

Check the lights on the actual servo drives. I am not familiar with Mits EDM stuff but you may have blown one with the sudden power loss which may very well not have been just a loss of power but also a surge.

I shut the whole machine down, powered it all down to check those lights, nothing was on/out of the norm. When I turned it back on the servo alarm went away. Thanks for the helpful advice guys, its very much appreciated.

What model machine, and what is the exact alarm? There should be numbers after the "S01" along with an axis designation, like "S01 Servo Alarm 0056 X" or such.

You need to turn the breaker off for about 10 seconds then back on to clear an S01/S03 servo alarm. That alarm is generated by the servo amp and only removing power to the amp (breaker off) clears it.

Mits Tech: Could you check out my thread if you have time? I have a Mits FX10 and there is a few issues going on but I am thinking they are due to either the resin pump going out or the circulation pump(?) going out. It keeps giving me either dirty side low or clean side low and neither are low at the time of alarm. I could really use the guidance.
Thank You,
Tvalen1432
(sorry if that was rude to ask)

"I shut the whole machine down, powered it all down to check those lights, nothing was on/out of the norm. When I turned it back on the servo alarm went away. Thanks for the helpful advice guys, its very much appreciated."

"
What model machine, and what is the exact alarm? There should be numbers after the "S01" along with an axis designation, like "S01 Servo Alarm 0056 X" or such.

You need to turn the breaker off for about 10 seconds then back on to clear an S01/S03 servo alarm. That alarm is generated by the servo amp and only removing power to the amp (breaker off) clears it."

Happens on our Mits FA too. Only way to get alarm off is to cut main breaker off to machine, leave off a couple of minutes, then flip back on. Works everytime.

Hi everyone,

I am having similar issue with my EDM Mitsubishi LV 1200.

Problems are:
1. S01 Servo Alarm :PR 0025 Z
2. Please Ref. Return ZU

I have tried like to cut main breaker off, leave off a couple of minutes abd then turn it back on like you said above but it doesn't help, alarms still appear there.

Do you have any other idea how to solve this issue?

The 0025 number refers to a flat battery on the Z axis servo amplifier, replace the battery, switch off all the power, switch back on, it should be ok then.

Make sure you turn off Memory Recover before switching the machine off or it may not clear the code.

You were right, after I replaced the battery and switched off all the power, all alarms has gone. Thanks for your help guys!

Hi wireboy, this alarm comes after another previous alarm that the NC cannot register because is too fast. You must be in front of the machine to see It. What kind of machine and model is?

Regards.

Back