What's new
What's new

B-axis Turn and burn on a wire machine !

EDM Support

Aluminum
:typing:CHMER wire machine with B-axis

We are trying to find out which CAD/CAM systems support turn and burn using a B axis in a wire machine. It is easy to do index then burn but seems like turn and burn is more difficult.

See you at IMTS !

Larry McNamee
EDM Network, Inc

Turn and burn CAD/CAM - Only PEPS ?

So it seems that the only CAD/CAM system that can program using the turn and burn concept is PEPS.

Is anyone out there doing turn and burn on a wire ? Machine type does not matter !

Turn and burn

Hi Larry:
I'm just getting it properly set up, but I'm doing it on the Sodick A320 with the W axis (same as B axis) you guys sold to me in June.
I'm coding by hand, just like I do for 2 axis CNC turning.
I've found the time wasted trying to get a CAM lathe program tweaked is often more than the pain of just sitting down with the endpoint co-ordinates and connecting the dots with G code.
Anything really complicated gets coded in Mastercam and then the W axis moves are added by hand in the right places either to index or to turn and burn.
Seems to work pretty well so far, but I'm not doing very complicated parts yet.
I'm sure I'll change my tune once I get into the rough stuff.
I have seen a company advertising their turn and burn abilities...I think they're called Extreme EDM or something like that...might be worth contacting to see what they use.
Cheers

Marcus

Back