What's new
What's new

Brand names for quality consumables?

Wade C

Stainless
Wondering if there are some specific brand names of consumables out there that I should try and stay away from or try and get?

Im always on the look out for deals on things, flush cups, wire guides,etc... and sometimes I find things for prices that seem too good to be true... and I figure it usually is... so I just dont do anything. But I started wondering, if maybe Im passing up on something I shouldnt. There are always things that you "shouldnt ever need"... unless you do something dumb... so as I do dumb things, I start looking for back ups of what ever died when I did said "dumb thing". (latest excitement was breaking the jet nozzle)

Any specific brands or suppliers to stay away from? Or ones to pay particular attention to because they sell good stuff at good prices?

I see various ones on the auction site, and have no clue whether Im looking at something that has potential to be a good workable spare/backup part or just something that will be a waste of money and effort.

I have a "normal parts guy" - so when its a "I need it" I go to him, but for the frivolous deal shopping I dont want to waste his time asking "hey is this good?"

Wade

Thanks.

Any thoughts on other brands? Thinking more along the lines of parts and long duration consumables (rather than immediate consumables like wire and cleaning products) like guides, flush cups/nozzles, carbides, etc...

Mataco and Sunrox are a couple i see somewhat frequently, but usally with a really good price, which makes me wonder sometimes.

Wade

Mataco and Sunrox are a couple i see somewhat frequently, but usally with a really good price, which makes me wonder sometimes.

Wade

Can't speak for Sunrox, and the only Mataco part I use is the upper and lower flush cups for the Brothers, but the Mataco part is far far superior to the
OEM Brother.
The originals are incredibly fragile and crack at the countersinks. The fine threads that hold the shield also tends to disintegrate in only a few months.
The Matacos are made of a different ( clear Lexan or something ) material, and they just last almost indefinitely.

In this case the lower price really only reflects that it isn't bloated with ridiculous markups from Charmilles.

Thanks!
Thats sort of what I was wondering about... Is it cheap stuff, or just not bloated pricing, or in the case of the auction site, is it good stuff someone is clearing out cause they want it gone..... The guides are notably less expensive to... same with some of the Sunrox (made in japan the box says)... but no idea if its quality that is just not marked up as much or cheap stuff that wont last and not worth the discounted pricing.

Not sure what the expected life of wire guides would be on my Mits with AF2 threader... but I would guess my usage is way lower than the average bear... but saw some Sunrox guides that were fairly cheap, and was tempted. Havent jumped yet... though, as I have an old set of guides that I dont think are worn out yet, but swapped in new ones recently as the age is unknown on the old guides, so I have an emergency spare set, but was thinking if the Sunrox were decent, I might get a set to be my spare.

Wade

Back