What's new
What's new

Charmilles?

NatetheGreat

Plastic
I've noticed a lot of Charmilles used older machines selling for around $3000 or less, so it seems EDM could be doable for me within the year (I'm always getting ahead of myself like this
biggrin.gif
) do you guys think a Charmilles D20 Ram/Sinker or something like it is a good machine to start with? I've already weighed out Sinker to Wire machines, and I would have a better use for a Sinker. All input is greatly appreciated.

Nate

The char. the hansvedt the elox are all good machines. like bigblock said in the other post, it all depends on the power supply. A decent one that puts out at least 20 amps will do a good job if your not having to take out huge amounts of steel. If I have to burn a big cavity and can't get into a machine with a big power supply I'll rough out as much as possible in the mill.

I think it should be fine then, heaviest I can see I would need it would be maybe 50 lb. or so workpiece.

Nate

Nate, I have a Charmilles E10 with a 25 amp power supply.It's a 76'model and we have owned it since it was new.It's a fine machine and we run it almost everyday. Jim

Back