What's new
What's new

Charmilles 440cc edge find

CMD1992

Plastic
Morning, having a problem with a charmilles 440cc when trying to do a edge find cycle against a ground job the wire appears to be snapping after having tried all the standard stuff changing contacts, electrical touch etc i have came to a dead end and was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

there is voltage running through the wire and nothing tripped in the electrical side cabinet have also contacted charmilles and tried numerous suggestions from them.

Thanks, Chris

Have you tried any other cycles, hole, alignment, center? Tried edge find in different directions/axis? Just tossing some ideas out there, you said you tried all the obvious stuff like checking ground and such. Maybe just one direction, like X+ is screwy?

Have you verified the correct .WIR and .TEC files are activated?

Verified that the upper contact wetting is adequate?

Checked the upper contact and pinch rollers for grooving?

In the absence of any problems in these areas:

We had the same problem on our CUT-400 and it turned out to be bad capacitors in the power supply.

I ran an older Charmilles 290 and 310 and sometimes they did some strange stuff. Have you tried re-initializing the machine? That was my last resort if nothing else worked. On the 290 sometimes I had to pull and re-seat boards and reload software. It was not well maintained I should say... :(

Sorry to "Jump a thread" but I saw "Charmiles" and couldn't resist! I was hoping that you could help me locate information for a Charmilles EDM. If you could help me to locate an operating guide or a manual for a Charmilles Eleroda 110 EDM sinker machine I would appreciate it! Charmilles no longer supports this machine and I cann only find a manuel for $500!
Thank you!

Ian

reinitialize, or even reload your software from disk. my console 2 robofil forgets stuff like this occasionally if it's turned off for to many days... sometimes it forgets how to switch pumps on, or how to edge detect...

I'm living on borrowed time I know... but my borrowing rate is much cheaper than financing a new one so i will keep borrowing until then.

I have a 440 machine but its not a cc. I had problems with wire breaks and it ended up being my homemade carbide contacts. I put the
charmilles carbide in and never had a problem with it after that. Different carbide has different electrical properties. I have several other
Charmilles and no problem with my carbide contacts. You might try that.

Back