What's new
What's new

Charmilles FO 350 SP Problems with drop tank.

P Punch

Plastic
We purchased a Charmilles FO 350 SP from a broker. Well its fine but 1 problem. The Drop Tank at electrode change or cavity change does not return to the correct height and keep burning. The tank stays exactly 1" below the specified height of return and will not burn.
In order for us to keep burning we must hit the red cycle stop button and then hit the green cycle start button and then the tank rises 1" inch to correct height and it will start burning. We have to go thru this every electrode change or cavity change.
Has anyone gone thru this situation and what was the cure?
This machine is a 2012 and has low hrs.
We have called Charmilles and they are no help or want to help us. We have 2 other Charmilles on the floor. Our sales rep in our area put us onto this machine and is trying to get Charmilles to give assistance but its falling on deaf ears.

I'm surprised Charmilles won't help you, they will sit on the phone with us as long as it takes.

You aren't getting a float error?

I'll preface this by saying that I do not have experience on your particular model, but I am familiar with Agie Charmilles product line going back about 25 years.

If possible, elevate your credentials, then start digging through the machines' parameters. There may be a tank offset that is shifting your tank. We have this on our 350mµ to allow for semi-permanent fixturing to remain in the tank. The fact that there is no mention of a float error is a little disturbing, and dangerous.

I hope this is of some help. Good luck on fixing your machine.

1800-438-5021 ex 1948 for APPS x-1944 SERVICE. They wont charge you for help like some other EDM companies do. You can transfer ownership without a registration fee. Sometime the best answer is the one staring you in the face! lol

Back