What's new
What's new

Charmilles Threading Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD1992

Plastic
Got a charmilles cut 400, have a problem with the threading jet instead of a straight jet it just sprays water meaning that the wire doesnt thread from any height's above 2" is there a way to adjust the jet?

Got a charmilles cut 400, have a problem with the threading jet instead of a straight jet it just sprays water meaning that the wire doesnt thread from any height's above 2" is there a way to adjust the jet?

Sounds like you have some trash stuck in your threading nozzle.

That or you've broken it, which is easy if it's one of the all ceramic type instead of the ones with the ceramic insert.
Remove the upper nozzle, then the upper nut.

Be careful not to drop the guide, extension pipe, and nozzle out when you do.

Turn the threading jet on/off a couple times to blow any trash out.

Now remove the guide, extension pipe, and nozzle from the upper nut and clean the channels in the nozzle.

Check that the ceramic in the nozzle isn't cracked.

If you have a microscope, check your guide too.

Replace them if they are cracked or broken.

Reassemble and check the jet.

During reassembly take extra care that the guide remains seated in the nozzle and the extension tube is on straight.

If it's good do a guide adjustment and you are ready to go.

CUT-400 upper head.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you have some trash stuck in your threading nozzle.

That or you've broken it, which is easy if it's one of the all ceramic type instead of the ones with the ceramic insert.
Remove the upper nozzle, then the upper nut.

Be careful not to drop the guide, extension pipe, and nozzle out when you do.

Turn the threading jet on/off a couple times to blow any trash out.

Now remove the guide, extension pipe, and nozzle from the upper nut and clean the channels in the nozzle.

Check that the ceramic in the nozzle isn't cracked.

If you have a microscope, check your guide too.

Replace them if they are cracked or broken.

Reassemble and check the jet.

During reassembly take extra care that the guide remains seated in the nozzle and the extension tube is on straight.

If it's good do a guide adjustment and you are ready to go.

View attachment 173815
Adding a nice filter to all the small fine water circuits (threading,wetting,and aspiration)
Will make your problems stay away for. long time
Over time in the older edms the manifold and valve that are placed after main filter start to slime up.
If the machine gets turn off and slime dries, it falls off, and gets clogged somewhere downstream.
So often we will replace the lines and fitting to the head.
If that is not a option, We run a light cleaning acid thru tube and blow them out.
We do this everytime we rebuild a edm. machine here at Great Lakes Wire Repair dot com
Machine threading flawless for a long time. each machine often we will test the cut/thread cycle 50 to 100 times in a row to ensure reliability.

Also we can provide the rethreading modules on the charmilles,these are very prone to leakage and water getting it the motor and microswitch we sell them for about 1100.00
I think gf gets over 2500 for them

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sorry I thought you said older 400 my bad
But still the filter is not a bad option it can't hurt any thing
ALWAYS have a new thread jet on hand.
Make sure you get the right size hole according to the taper angles your cutting
Big taper big hole
If when you put it togather and it don't hit the guide with perfect cone spray at UV 0,0 it's fucked
Don't attempt to comp it
Here's a easy solution from novotec we can get you 10% off if you order with us

ffa13330c1219ff895f5252cad9ee5e6.jpg

Sorry I thought you said older 400 my bad
But still the filter is not a bad option it can't hurt any thing
ALWAYS have a new thread jet on hand.
Make sure you get the right size hole according to the taper angles your cutting
Big taper big hole
If when you put it togather and it don't hit the guide with perfect cone spray at UV 0,0 it's fucked
Don't attempt to comp it
Here's a easy solution from novotec we can get you 10% off if you order with us

ffa13330c1219ff895f5252cad9ee5e6.jpg

I didn't know east Lansing was a place in the aaland islands...hmm

I didn't know east Lansing was a place in the aaland islands...hmm
Dude your not contributing in any way
I'm sorry my location is wrong
Get over it dude
I'm a little busy fixing machines and NOT Trolling like you are.
Been at the tool shows making connections with major people
Learning and educating myself
So sorry my location is constantly a problem for You Guy!
Talk about machining or don't say nothing at all is how I feel about this place Screenshot_20210916-142954_Maps.jpg

All I'm going to say was that you were reported for shady business practices...I'll leave it as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back