What's new
What's new

Agie help needed in Los Angeles area

greggv

Hot Rolled
Hello all, we've got an Agie ac220, and the latest release of Peps software. I'm new to edm work and am having a hell of a time. I'm making cutting dies for the packaging industry, for in-house use only, and we have a hired consultant to get me going on this. He;s very good at the designing of the dies, but he's not an Agie guy and therein lies the rub...I need some machine spefic help I think. I'm having problems with things not aligning properly, and have no idea where the problem lies. We're willing to hire someone to stop by occasionally to help me out and get a understanding of where I'm going wrong. I recently cut the punches, and die shoes out, including the dowell pin holes, and the punches don't line up with the die section, even tho the dowell pins all lined up fine. Any takers? Thanks in advance! (626) 301-9214 Gregg

I assume you know something about WEDM if you're running that machine, but just for the sake of argument, start with the basics. Did you square your wire? When you clamped the punch holder, did you indicate it in the machine? Did you use a 0.0001" indicator? How much clearance per side in your dies? What's the distance from the punch holder to the die? The dowels engage face to face, but if the punches have to be very long, a punch holder with tipped cavities could really screw you up. Anyone else? Anything obvious I've forgotten?

Are you sure your programs are correct.

In PEPS you can insert one file on top of the other to ensure they match.

If you do that, and then zoom in, you should be able to see if everything matches.

Or you can use the dimension feature to check from the center of the dowels to a feature in the die/punch.

Back