What's new
What's new

Do I have any hope of selling "Charmilles Eleroda 200" CNC EDM machines

ichudov

Hot Rolled
I purchased a couple of "Charmilles Eleroda 200" CNC EDM machines atauction for an advantageous price.

Pictures of them are here:

HyperAMS

They depict two machines, lots of pictures from the auction to wade
through.

I am trying to decide if I should scrap and part them out right away,
or try to market them as usable. If I scrap them, I get my shop space
and my money back right away and have the circulation system, EDM
parts and boards on shelves. They have electromagnetic chucks and a
lot of other useful stuff.

On the other hand, they seem to be too good to scrap and maybe there
would be a buyer. So. My question is, are they hopelessly obsolete?

Attachments

• edm.jpg
    edm.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 592
I think it goes without saying they will be a very tough sell. I honestly don't see much real value, even in boards, etc..

Just my thoughts, good luck with your venture.

I appreciate your honest opinion.l I will give them a couple of weeks. They are listed online for sale. If not, I will junk them. They have nice magnetic chucks and I did not pay too much for them.

Are there any EDM specific components there that may have value for home or DIY projects?

Just be careful that any capacitors in that generator are fully discharged and remain that way till put to use in something. There can be a lot of energy in a charged larger capacitor! They need handling with the same respect as a live wire till proven otherwise. Don't rely on any bled off capacitors, its not unheard of for them to go open circuit.

Good point, thanks. I will carefully try to short those caps. The machines probably sat for weeks, if not months.

What is that generator? High frequency high voltage spark generator? Would that be sellable?

Back