What's new
What's new

Fanuc 16W on 1995 Fanuc Robocut Need Help

Machinery_E

Titanium
I'm trying to get a 1995 Fanuc Robocut running. I'm familiar with Fanuc lathe and mill controls, this one seems to be a different animal.

How do you turn off/on parameter write enable? I can find nothing on any of the pages of the control. Even the system pages I've found, 9990, 9999 don't look to have anything. Nothing in the maintenance manual.

More questions, but that's the most pressing for now!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
Thanks Volitan, in coming from a Mitsubishi flusher, this is learning process and any help is much appreciated!

In doing edge starts, how do you go about it? I don't see a way to vary the technology settings in the program? I have found the "Controlled approach" in the settings screen where you can set the On time, off time and flushing level, along with the distance for that those settings to be held. How far would one typically set for the distance? On 1.5" work-piece, I tried .160" for the distance, and got a wire break around .120".

I also see there is the PWBC function (wire breakage prevention) but the parts I'm doing need to use AI control, the manuals say that PWBC can't be used with AI. I see where you can switch AI off/on with an M code, but not the same for PWBC.

Thanks Volitan, in coming from a Mitsubishi flusher, this is learning process and any help is much appreciated!

In doing edge starts, how do you go about it? I don't see a way to vary the technology settings in the program? I have found the "Controlled approach" in the settings screen where you can set the On time, off time and flushing level, along with the distance for that those settings to be held. How far would one typically set for the distance? On 1.5" work-piece, I tried .160" for the distance, and got a wire break around .120".

I also see there is the PWBC function (wire breakage prevention) but the parts I'm doing need to use AI control, the manuals say that PWBC can't be used with AI. I see where you can switch AI off/on with an M code, but not the same for PWBC.

My PWBC is off, I've never used it.
The controlled approach is set to .2 distance, I don't do a lot of edge starts although it's never been a problem when I had to. I'll experiment later with some scrap if I get a chance.

In the controlled approach settings you can jack up the off time, which has always been my 1st "go to" setting when breaking wire.

I'm trying to get a 1995 Fanuc Robocut running. I'm familiar with Fanuc lathe and mill controls, this one seems to be a different animal.

How do you turn off/on parameter write enable? I can find nothing on any of the pages of the control. Even the system pages I've found, 9990, 9999 don't look to have anything. Nothing in the maintenance manual.

More questions, but that's the most pressing for now!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Did you found the solution???I have the same issue please help me

Hello, my company recently acquired a 1995 fanuc 0B robocut with a 16w control. I believe the flash rom files have been lost such as “NC-basic” etc…

I have a pcmcia cf adapter, but I will buy an SRAM card as I believe this older control requires.

Does anyone have a Robocut 0B with 16W control and can provide flash rom files, Thank you.

Last edited:

Back