What's new
What's new

fire extinguisher

gmenzies

Plastic
Hello

we purchased an older machine roboform 200. everything is working great.
the machine did not come with a fire extinguisher system.

What do you guys recommend to have next to the machine in case of fire ?

there are some recommendations to use foam extinguisher verses Co2.

Thanks Gord

Gord,

The only time I have ever recommended foam vs. CO2 is on older machines in which a "kill if activated" relay is difficult to install.
Nine times out of ten, just shutting down power to the cut will put out the fire.
Foam stops fires even if your machine continues to spark after the system has been activated.
CO2 would obviously eventually disburse, and if your machine is still sparking, it could reignite the fire.

This is one of those cases were I would personally recommend going to the OEM and seeing what they have to offer.
Perfect fit mechanically and electrically...

Quick note about modern fire suppression systems...
Anyone know which industry the modern fire sensor was developed for?
Misleading hint.... They need the system to detect in under a tenth of a second or the entire plant could ignite in seconds.

Jay Crumb
Advanced EDM, LLC

Gord,

The only time I have ever recommended foam vs. CO2 is on older machines in which a "kill if activated" relay is difficult to install.
Nine times out of ten, just shutting down power to the cut will put out the fire.
Foam stops fires even if your machine continues to spark after the system has been activated.
CO2 would obviously eventually disburse, and if your machine is still sparking, it could reignite the fire.

This is one of those cases were I would personally recommend going to the OEM and seeing what they have to offer.
Perfect fit mechanically and electrically...

Quick note about modern fire suppression systems...
Anyone know which industry the modern fire sensor was developed for?
Misleading hint.... They need the system to detect in under a tenth of a second or the entire plant could ignite in seconds.

Jay Crumb
Advanced EDM, LLC

Just guessing ... flour mill

Thank for the Info Jay.

We purchased a Foam Fire extinguisher. I was able to talk to a guy that services these older machines.
He advised foam over Co2.

Gord

Back