What's new
What's new

Floppy Drive for Mits floppy disks

MitsTech

Stainless
I have for sale a brand new 3.5" floppy drive that has been modified to read all Mitsubishi EDM floppy disks. (Note, this drive is for a PC only, it will NOT work in a machine, although I can get those as well...)

I purchased this about 6 months ago from Sydex in Oregon, very knowledgeable people who are extremely friendly and helpful on the phone. At the time I was working on a floppy-USB conversion for the older Mitsubishi's but I eventually abandoned the project and never used this drive. As it was custom built for me I cannot return it.

From Sydex these are $200+shipping and lead time, I'd be happy to let it go for $150 shipped (USA) to anyone interested in such an item. Could be handy for backing up software, parameter and E-pack disks and such for older machines. Will work for FX, CX, H, H1, H', HA, C, CR, SA, SB, SX, and SZ wire EDM, as well as M, K, MK, V, VX, and EX sinker EDM's. (EA, VA, and FA machines are all windows based and do not require special hardware).

Use of this drive requires proprietary software that you can download from Sydex. Full instructions, along with download links for the software are included with the drive.

Please feel free to PM or Email me with any questions.

-Pete

photo 1_1.jpgphoto 2_1.jpg

Hi, just to keep this thread updated to latest news.

At Mitsubishi EDM USA, now you can order a non-chinese USB
and/or 10Mbit Network floppy retrofit that is 100% complete:
- full support for system disks
- full support for program disks
- you get your system disks digitalized as regular files

Available for all Mitsubishi controllers, from 8 bit oldest to modern 64bit.

If you're not located in USA, you can refer directly to EmbeddedSW (search for EMUFDD)

Back