What's new
What's new

FX20K Flooded wire room

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
We had a storm blow through while I was cutting an 8' tall piece. Even though the lights just flickered it was enough to shut the machine down. The door dropped instantly. Short of building a moat any suggestions on how to prevent this in the future?

That's pretty weird,

I don't know about the door system on your machine, I assume it's not mechanically latched like my EA8 sinker.

On my FX10K wire, the door seal is pneumatic. When there is a power failure, there is a check vavle to maintain seal pressure, and the tank drain valve defaults to open, emptying the tank well before the tank seal loses pressure.

Perhaps something is awry with your machine.

Cheers!

Roy Solomon

Hi guys

When we bought our Sodick wire 12 years ago i remember being told on my training :

"There are 2 types of Wire edm 'ers ,the ones that have got wet and the ones that are goin to get wet!!" :)

I know this dosnt really help your prob , apart from it helps to feel you are not alone :)

Ive had about three floods , but tend not to open door unless really big block to load.

Doesnt sound like a normal machine reaction to a power cut though.

Cheers Kev :cool:

As Roy stated about his FX10, The Drain Valve Defaults to Open at a Power Failure. Which is a pneumatically actuated valve, just like the Door, So I guessing either there is a problem with the air line linkage, or you just got the lucky zap to trigger that particular air selenoid.
But the signal to release the door should be blocked by the Float in the back corner of the worktank, that gives you the "Water Remaining" Signal.

As least thats the rub with my FX 20, as far as I can tell.

I guess check that float first, and wait for MITZTEC to Solve the problem!

Back