What's new
What's new

Help with parameters on Mitsubishi DWC -90H wire EDM

dbrowndog

Plastic
Hello all I am new to this forum but have been a Tool & Die maker for 20 years. I have a somewhat unique situation that I believe someone out there could possibly help me with. I recently purchased an old Mitsubishi DWC -90H wire EDM as well as other machines that I am in the process of finishing the 3 phase wiring for. I already foresee a problem with that Mits however: As you all know, if the Mits sits too long the back up battery dies and the machine loses the parameters. This should not be a problem to reload. The problem is this: The machine came with the parameters saved on three 3.5 floppy disks. But, I do not have an external floppy drive to communicate via RS232. However I DO have one of the old MELDAS tape players designed to connect right to this machine. My question is Does anyone have a solution? Could I somehow copy the parameters from the disks to regular data cassettes? Or alternatively, does anyone have another solution such as copy the parameters to a laptop, then communicate via RS232. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello all I am new to this forum but have been a Tool & Die maker for 20 years. I have a somewhat unique situation that I believe someone out there could possibly help me with. I recently purchased an old Mitsubishi DWC -90H wire EDM as well as other machines that I am in the process of finishing the 3 phase wiring for. I already foresee a problem with that Mits however: As you all know, if the Mits sits too long the back up battery dies and the machine loses the parameters. This should not be a problem to reload. The problem is this: The machine came with the parameters saved on three 3.5 floppy disks. But, I do not have an external floppy drive to communicate via RS232. However I DO have one of the old MELDAS tape players designed to connect right to this machine. My question is Does anyone have a solution? Could I somehow copy the parameters from the disks to regular data cassettes? Or alternatively, does anyone have another solution such as copy the parameters to a laptop, then communicate via RS232. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would think transferring the data from the disk to tape is not an avenue worth investigating. You need the external disk drive that connects to the RS-232. Why did it not come with this machine? How did the previous owner load the software?

I bought it from a guy in Michigan who was using the neighboring shops disk drive so I understood that it did not come with the drive. I figured that finding the drive on ebay would be no problem. I was wrong. I ran one of these machines for maybe 12 years and from time to time we would have to reload the parameters with the tape drive so, I was familiar with that... I was recently given a tape drive by a friend. I have a tape drive but the data is on disks...

hi:
i think i have the floppy reader / rs232 converter for DWC90
but i dont have the disks of parameters
my parameters erased because acid battery was broken
this EDM is in mexico

i think first save all disk into laptop or pc, be carefully because that disks are easy to damage, if you do that succesfully good you can make more copies, or check inside of the files and write to the EDM by software or maybe for the keyboard

Back