What's new
What's new

I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Roboform

Plastic
I'd love to hear your thoughts on sinker maintenance...

Is there any reason for concern when the cooling fans on the outside of the generator on a sinker machine, one with a 60 amp power supply, the other with a 100 amp power supply, get really dusty and dirty... mixed in with a little oily residue it would seem and stop rotating all together?

Or if the machine doesn't show an error message, just keep running until something happens, right?

Just curious what the responses will be before I explain the reason for the question...

A clean machine's a happy machine right? Or is the mentality "if it's not broke, don't fix it"?

The machines are both Mitsubishi EA12E's.

What about changing the oil filter? If the flushing is still coming out of the hoses, then the filters must be fine right? A blown filter just means less back pressure... makes sense yes?

Anyone with a robot hooked up to their machines? How many machines can a WorkMaster be hooked up to?

If you shut a machine off, does the robot know?

Last edited:
On what EDM specifically? If the machines are old enough that they won’t trip an idiot light and instead will just burn up, yes obviously the fans need to be operable. If the fans were operable before, and you’ve noticed the failure, I think you’ve answered your question.

I’m of the camp that electronics cannot be over-cooled. The lack of indexable information in your thread title will be met with derision from some.

DO THE MAINTENANCE!!! It's not hard to do, filters are not that expensive. A broken machine, on the other hand can be very expensive! The key to EDM machining, proper maintenance. Just do it, don't be penny wise and a dollar short.

Rant over.

Back