What's new
What's new

Chamilles Roboform 20 vs. Roboform 20A

goonie

Plastic
My shop just bought a Charmilles Roboform 20A. I believe this machine was built in 1998. I have seen a number of Roboform 20 EDMs on sale on Ebay. I know a couple shops in town that have have a Roboform 20. I also know a couple shops that have the Roboform 22. Is there a difference between the Roboform 20 and the Roboform 20A? I hear the the Roboform 20 isn't that user friendly when it comes to programing. Is the Roboform 20A any easier to program? We are kind of new to the CNC ram EDMs. We have a bunch old manual Eltee EDMs. We bought a Sodick CNC ram EDM last year and it's been great, my EDM operator learned how to run and program the machine in one day. I hope my EDM operator will learn this machine quickly. Also, this machine came with a 4 tool shuttle tool changer. I think it has 3R fingers on the shuttle. Does anyone know how much Charmilles will charge for 4 of the Erowa fingers? Thanks for any help with these questions.

If fingers on changer are for 3R Macro - try an EROWA holder in them. You may not need to change anything.

Back