What's new
What's new

makino duo 64 short state wire work error # 7342

edm.kurtis

Plastic
hello all. i curently run an edm machine. the model is makino duo 64. ive seen this error code b4 when picking up a work piece. but i have never had this msg stay like it is... when i clear and try to continue picking up park it keep showing this code. please any help would be much appriciated right now.

Are you new to this wire machine? Normally it is a stray wire out the back grounding out. Check wire box, wire feeder for small piece of wire. Also check lower head for dropped slug. Outside of that, it could be the ground or power cables going to heads not making full contact.

Kurtis,

I have a few questions:
- Is it a start hole that you are picking up?
- If yes...then what size is the start hole?
- Is the start hole or feature you are picking up clean and free from burrs or heat treat scale?

A few things to check:
- Please go to the OTHERS page and press the [Touch Check] button...if the small red “touch” light on the Handbox lights up, then you have a confirmed short
- Please check the Wire Bin in rear of the machine (make sure the bin is not overflowing and shorting out against the machine casting)
- Please check to see that the start hole or work piece is clean and make sure that the wire has not "shaved" itself on account of a razor sharp edge
- Please check the Lower Head (remove the lower flush nozzle) and verify that a slug of "shaved" wire isn't causing a short
- Please clean the "H' and "I" rollers on the Upper Head Wire Drive system (the I roller is the small metal roller that is underneath the main D-Shaft roller that is used as the induction pick-up sensing roller)

Good luck and I hope this helps fix your issue!

-Brian

thank you all very much. problem solved. it was a short due to broke wire shorting in the lower transport system.. thanks again all.

kurtis.

Back