What's new
What's new

Makino U6

JS

Stainless
Well, I guess Christmas came early just unloaded a Makino U6 in the shop.

Is there anything I should be watching out for when running this machine?

JS,

Merry Early Christmas...and welcome to the world of Makino EDM!

What type of work will you be performing on the U6 Wire EDM? Is there a specific concern or question you have with machine programming, operation, or maintenance? What other EDM machines do you have experience with for comparison?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but it will help me help you better. I highly recommend attending the 3-Day Training Class that is offered, as the class and training book that is used goes into a lot of good detail. You can also contact Makino's Technical Support Team at 1-888-625-4664 and talk with Service or Applications about specific questions too.

Good luck with your new machine!

- Brian

Well, I guess Christmas came early just unloaded a Makino U6 in the shop.

Is there anything I should be watching out for when running this machine?

Yes, don't get your finger in the way when you take the pictures.

We want pictures!

Well, pictures aren't possible company policy BS....

Carbide wear parts for a crusher...etc ....

I told them to buy the bigger machine the makino u1310, but that didn't happen....

The logic is bigger machine for bigger wear parts or some dumb science project for an engineer....or if the cast wear parts don't meet spec just trim to fit.......bunch this stuff we can't cut, if you try a torch it breaks, even with a pre heat, if you try milling it with the current equipment , you destroy around $1000 bucks of inserts at one change out...

Took all day to safely move it to its area... think steel plates rollers , a big forklift and a lot of arguments........

Supposed to have a setup crew here Monday.....

Training is supposed to be scheduled......

I haven't touched a CNC machine in over 8 years, I guess that means , I've got to get schooled....lol

Seriously? You wanted a bigger machine than a U6? Damm!

Took all day to safely move it to its area... think steel plates rollers , a big forklift and a lot of arguments........

Supposed to have a setup crew here Monday.....

Now, with that said...
Hope you and the riggers read the install and moving instructions, and installed the feet under the electrical unit BEFORE putting the machine on the floor!

Otherwise you better have that big forklift ready to pick it back up again.

I've got the U3, but dammned that thing is built like a brick outhouse, so I can only imagine rigging the U6, specially if the forklift has to pick it from the front.

Back