What's new
What's new

Mits DWC110-SZ - just started stopping...

Wade C

Stainless
Running a previously proven program, 3 fixtures that hold 4 parts each, using a sub-program for each identical part - and it has just started stopping out of the blue. First two ran fine, third (of 4 on fixture 1) stopped with a Sequence Error alarm. Turn on Flushing, then wire, then machining, and press start, and it picks right back up and finishes the part. Finishes the 4th part on Fixture 1 and moves to Fixture 2.

On fixture 2, first part it stops again, sequence error again, Flush, wire, machining, start, and away she goes, finishes part, and then runs part 2 and 3... On part 4, it stops again, same error - appx same place as previous stops - restart, finishes that line of code, and gets 3/4 of the way through the next line and stops again. Again, sequence error. start it back up, and finishes the part. And then moves to Fixture 3.

So far, on fixture three, I have had to restart it (turn on Flushing, Wire Feed, Machining, press start) on every part, and at least 2 times per part, sometimes 3... and I still have one more part to get through...

It has always been in the same basic spots... in the middle of executing the line its on, on one of the last three lines (two G3 arcs and a G1 G40 move). Never had to mess with it anywhere else in the program (about 8 lines worth for the profile). Threads and starts the next part just fine. Parts that come off are just fine other than you can see where it was restarted (but does not effect the part - so its not trashing parts).

My gut says - system reinstall... and Ill be honest, I have never done it (had the machine running since early 2014), and I know I should do it, but honestly, Im quite nervous about it... I have more disks than I think I need, some look similar but different revisions maybe? All in all, Im probably just being chicken... but I thought I would post up here and see if it sounded like it might be something other than needing a reinstall of software (was going to change the battery at what ever time I do the software).

Maybe someone is bored and wouldnt mind walking me through the reinstall or potential pitfalls that might be inherent to the process? Something to ease my nerves before I jump in and try it?

When the tech was here a couple years ago, he backed up the back lash and pitch error via RS232 but no idea how he did it. I also have a disk that has the current BL and PE that I have out put onto it. And I do know how, and have, backed up all the Epaks and programs on the machine via RS232 so have those backed up. Are there parameters that need reset (that I will have to chase down and note before it happens) or anything like that? Or other info I need to retain from the system as it sits presently - prior to reinstall?

Im probably making a mountain out of a mole here, but with the cost and down time for a service call, my own lack of knowledge scares me in situations like this. I should prolly just grow a bigger set and jump in... :o

Thanks
Wade

Well I think I answered my own question... apparently my eyes were not fast enough to catch the error prior to the T215 sequence error... I was getting a clean side low error for a split second before the sequence error... so was not seeing that at all until it happened right when I happened to be looking at that area of the screen. And the low side error was showing in the error index, but was in the middle of a few old ones, so didnt think that was current, but musta just been where it listed it rather than chronological order?

So, Ill need to look a little farther... the filters are getting close to needing replaced (based on pressure as per my tech - he said replace at 32psi filter pressure and Im at 27 psi now). Might take a look in the tank and see if maybe getting some flow restriction or something elsewhere or if just filters needing replacement is the only cause. Last set of filters (and the first set Id been through) got to 32psi with out causing any other issues, and I replaced just because of pressure...

Probably should still sack up and do a system reload anyway... :hole:

But at least I got something to go on presently that I do understand. :D

Wade

Miz will be able to send you a procedure to re install software. Not hard to do, we had to do it occasionally when we had that vintage of machine. Just need to have floppies that have not been abused or stored near magnetic field and a operational disk reader on the machine.

Yeah..... ugh.... they would if I had the machine registered with them... Have a hard time spending 1500 for the pleasure of talking to them and being able to order parts though...

Guess Ill find out the condition of the disks when I try... and then if i have to register, I will. The drive works as best I can tell from backup up to a disk... hopefully it reads too. ;D

Thanks
Wade

Parts available for DWC110F

If you need parts for your machine, we may be able to help. We have a DWC110F that we have replaced with a newer machine. Let me know.

Thanks
Tom

Yeah..... ugh.... they would if I had the machine registered with them... Have a hard time spending 1500 for the pleasure of talking to them and being able to order parts though...

Guess Ill find out the condition of the disks when I try... and then if i have to register, I will. The drive works as best I can tell from backup up to a disk... hopefully it reads too. ;D

Thanks
Wade

Back