What's new
What's new

Mits. FX20 alarm 730 T/C in fluid

tvalenzuela1432

Aluminum

Hello all. Ok, I was cleaning the water level sensors on the back of the upper head as well as the black float behind the little box when the clip and float fell off. I put back the float and then put clip back on as well and now I get this alarm that basically wont let me do anything except manually move the head around. It says to adjust the head so its not submerged but there is no water in the work tank to adjust because it wont let any in. I tried shutting all the way down, having the work tank door closed, making sure the sensor was dry before trying to start machine..... Nothing will reset the alarm to where I can make water go in the tank. It will make a clunk noise but no water flow. I don't know if maybe there is something else going on unrelated to the float falling off or what.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks,
Tvalen1432

OMG! Ok now I feel dumb. LMAO! I take it that has happened to you though in order to know that. Ha Ha Ha. Thank you so much because that just saved us a lot of headache and money. I would have never guessed because to the naked eye it looks the same either end. Wait except for some writing in German. Anyways once again, THANK YOU BIllDe!

Ever since that happened with the float, the wire cutter motor wont turn on. I'm wondering if that is related and maybe I need to do some magic dance to release a sensor or something. I guess some where along the line some one replaced the fuse by the on/off switch for motor to a breaker of some sort so its not the fuse.

Or maybe since it was already sounding like the motor was going out, that it chose now to do so. I do know that the motor has some odd/weird voltage going to it but none putting out.(Per our electrician) When first checking out the problem the electrician also noticed the red wire was poorly connected and repaired it.(Maybe related or important info for you to know). Any ideas or wisdom on the matter?

Just another learning opportunity,
Toni V

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense or hard to follow, but it's 1 AM and I'm a little tired.

Last edited:
Actuate the breaker to make sure its not tripped, that breaker is original equipment. Have the toggle switch in the on position. When you push wire feed, the motor should start running, it will shut off while not in use.

Bill

You also mention it sounds bad. If the bearings in the chopper are bad, it could cause enough friction/drag to heat up the motor and trip the breaker, or the bearings in the motor.

Bill

Back