What's new
What's new

mits fx20 LR ERR

tvalenzuela1432

Aluminum
I changed the 2 resin, 2 large filters, and the small one by resin bags and left the machine running to circulate water but can't seem to bring my numbers down. I cleaned off the sensor probes in clean tank with rubbing alcohol and still high. The water was drained and dirty tank cleaned less than a year ago. All I can think of is maybe the filter pump??? It does have a rapid fill problem..it's very slow filling and lots of bubbles as it does. Also the ATF stream has very low pressure. I'm sure I have a few solenoid issues too but not sure if related. Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks,
Tvalen

You changed the resin, cleaned the sensor probe. So only things I can think of is, make sure the air is bled out of resin canisters. I have at one time got resin socks that were not regenerated, you can try a different set of socks if you have any. Good luck.

Bill

Do you think if the clean tank that the probe is in, wasn't as clean as I think it is would be the cause? Maybe a bad sensor? Or more likely the resin bags? It's just that I would have to justify changing them out again after I checked everything else first.

Thanks,
Tvalen

I doubt the clean tank would be dirty. We replaced the LR sensor on one of the old machines about 10 years ago, they are pretty reliable. Sounds like you guys are on a tight leash, if I need to do something or repair something on the machines, I just tell the management I'm getting after it. We have a lot of resin socks, and I have pulled out supposedly fresh socks that did not seam to work. This has happened about two times in the last 10 or 15 years. Oh, and have you verified the flow of water out of the socks back to the filter stand.

Bill

Maybe I'm not understanding right but we buy our resin in the bags(socks) already. Also, I do have a semi collapsed hose from the small filter, after the resin, to the small filter pump that they are supposedly ordering a replacement for. Would that do it? And in regards to the clean tank dirty...lets just say that about an inch from the top of sensor there is a dark ring around it. My co-worker likes to over push the filters a bit. LOL.

Thanks,
tvalen

Yes Tony, we get our resin already in socks, just send them back for regeneration. We have enough on hand to keep all the machines going, while socks are going out, and they ship the others back. You should be able to observe the water flow back to the machine from the resin canisters. I'm not real good at explaining things, but with a high LR level the resin pump should be running all the time until the level comes down.

If water is not flowing back, go to the monitor page and set the LR to 1, this should make the pump run constantly. If the pump is running and the LR will not come down, try a different pair of socks, if you have them. If that does not do it, then the sensor is bad, or a board problem, or.....?

Bill

Back