What's new
What's new

Photo of interest, small slots.

.0008 wire was used to put in the slots shown. Slots are .0009 X .0016 deep and enter from the flat plane at 15 degrees. Material is carbide, the square pad is .020 X .020 for reference.

TMD

2c0c3763.jpg

MetalDR
That's quite a part. If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions. What industry uses that type of part?? Aerospace? What machine did you do it on? What do you measure it with?
Thanks for sharing the photo

I work for an un-named Stainless Steel Tubing Supply company in New England. Its amazing how the medical industry keeps pushing the limits of our ability.
Today I was given a print to quote. I can NOT do it. But I may have to try.
The part is a 304ss tube. .007 long X .007 dia. with an ID of .003. Ok I can supply the tube...I can cut it to legnth. But the customer wants a slice .0015 wide along its legnth to the center. Thats just silly. My 1st thought is try to RAM a .001 electrode to center before cutting legnth.

My question...do you have access to the machine that made the pictured part? Is this a job you may be interested in helping with?

Thanks for the offer, I quoted..."NO QUOTE".
Hope we can work together on another project.
Thanks
BT

Where do you get your small wire? I have some .0008 filament wire, but I have not tried using it yet. I hink I would like to try it in my Agie 315 sometime.

TheMetalDoctor

- posted 24-03-2005 02:02 PM .0008 wire was used to put in the slots shown. Slots are .0009 X .0016 deep and enter from the flat plane at 15 degrees. Material is carbide, the square pad is .020 X .020 for reference.

TMD
I'm impressed... beautiful job.

Have you ever had a story done on your shop by EDM Today magazine? If not, I'm sure Jack would love to do one. He did one on my Wireone tooling in the May/June issue of 2004. http://www.newbould.com/edmtoday.htm and gave it a nice 4 page spread.

I don't know how much available time/interest you have in contributing to another forum, but I have just started a new one and would really like to have you as a contributor, or even a moderator as I believe you are here. http://www.newbould.info/forum/

Also, I need a little wire work done in the near future, and wonder if you would be interested in quoting it.

Thanks, rj

Back