What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi 90C Wire EDM Taper Cutting X/Y/U/V Programming Problems

Machinery_E

Titanium
Simple job, but I'm stumped how to make it work.

Need to make a straight cut in Y, then tip the head (V axis) to cut a 5 degree angle in the same direction as the cut (Y direction) Move Out .100" in X. at the 5 degree angle. Then back to zero and leadoff the part.

With using the A angle callout, the head wants to tip in the X direction.

I thought I could use X/Y/U/V programming, works perfectly without offset compensation (G41) but I need to be able to use that. Here is a sample, the manual states that U/V programming is always incremental.

G90
G41 X0. Y-.1 F.005
G01 Y-.200
G01 V-.156
G01 Y-.400
G01 X.100
G01 V.156
G40 X.200
M30

If you use G41 in the program, the program goes crazy, X,Y,U,V all move and in the wrong direction.

I have the Z values all calculated and in the control. But I don't think its supposed to use them with XYUV programming? (I calculated the needed V axis moves in CAD) If no Z values are in the control, the V axis does not move when called in the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Using a standard taper call out (angle defined), you can only tip the wire perpendicular to wire path/direction.
You need a four-axis program utilizing U and V call-outs for your application.

You can write the program by hand if you know some basic trig and don't have a good 4-axis CAM software package.
Just remember to define upper plane (top of part) AND lower plane (bottom of part).
Standard taper only needs upper...

Jay Crumb
Advanced EDM, LLC

Back