What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi error - interesting (to me)

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
90HA

S01 Servo Error being reported as an error 10 (0010) and in X.
This is an undervoltage error.

Oddly, all incoming voltages are good. Checked numerous times and points.

This would seem to point to an error on the servo drive, but noone seems to know WHAT.
I've seen some talk of it possibly being an opto isolator issue, but not which OI.
Also, I cannot seem to find anything that list what the voltages at the terminals of the servo card should be so that I can test at that point.

MitsTech? Anyone?

An undervoltage error could also be translated as an overamperage error. If something is dragging (like a seal plate, etc.), the servo needs to draw more amperage to move the axis, which in turn lowers the voltage to the servo.

You are checking voltages when the machine is sitting still, correct? Try checking it while moving.

An undervoltage error could also be translated as an overamperage error. If something is dragging (like a seal plate, etc.), the servo needs to draw more amperage to move the axis, which in turn lowers the voltage to the servo. You are checking voltages when the machine is sitting still, correct? Try checking it while moving.

I appreciate the effort and thought. Let me address these -

The error is present upon power up.
It is there before even transitioning to the "ready" state.
It also prevents being able to enter the ready state.
As such, there is no way to test voltages during motion.

Too, this is a PR (power reset) error, meaning that in order to clear the
error one must fix the problem and then power down and power up the machine.

According to the manuals it is a warning that the voltage is too low to operate with.

Also, there is no seal plate in a 90HA. :)

Bottom line - while it is possible that this could be a
number of issues, in this case (and a few I've read about via Google)
this one appears to be a simple voltage sensing circuit malfunction.

I was going to post more on this after I had reinstalled and verified
but I had given the amp to a friend that is an electronic engineer and
he has verified that an opto coupler acting as just such a sensor is indeed
blown. I've ordered replacements and we'll find out soon if that's all that went wrong.

.... annnnnnnnnnnnnd.....we're done.

It was indeed, a lowly little 46¢ opto isolator.

So, for the record (and anyone searching in the future) -
If you are getting a S01 Servo Alarm :PR with an actual error code of 0010 (error 10 - undervoltage) and you have verified that all your incoming voltages are good, fuses are good, and wiring is good, start with checking OI1 on the RG221 board of the servo drive. It costs 46¢ to replace with current part number PS2501 (A) and can possibly get you back in business quickly.

Regards.

Back