What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi fx10, questions

JTknives

Plastic
We just got a FX10 and got it started up the other night. Everything looks good I just have a few questions that I can't find in the manuals. First is how do I get it out of metric mode? Next, the hand control when used just moves it in steps not a continuous motion. And last, is it normal for me to have to completely reload the software after I flip off the main switch. Not the power switch but the main cutoff. Thank you guys so much for any help you can provide.

Changing the machine from the default metric to inch mode is under the machine conditions key, which is the #2 key under the monitor. There will be a list of different machine parameters on this page, including one for inch mode, as well as one directly under that just showing "0.1". Using the arrow keys to highlight each parameter, type "1" and hit input to turn that parameter on (typing "0" will turn off a parameter). The "0.1" parameter will show the display out to 5 decimal places instead of the default 3 (or maybe 4, can't remember which?). As far as the software dumping, that is most likely from the backup battery in the control cabinet being bad. Open the cabinet, and it should be right in front. Just a simple check with a multimeter, with the machine completely powered down, should confirm whether this is the case. If so, they are available from a number of suppliers. The last one I bought from MC Machinery was ~$63 IIRC.

I've seen the stepping motion of the axis that you are referring to, but can't remember what the cause was. I'll try to see what causes this when I'm in the shop later. Hope this helps.

Leave the main power on for atleast 48 hours to charge the battery initially. But if it were me, I would just grab a new battery. FYI go to Wal-Mart and grab a PowerWheels battery. $30 bucks.

There is also a slight chance its the NiCad battery on the memory board. Had that go when the machine was 12 years old. That unfortunetely you will have to call mits for. $200 bucks I believe.

JTknives, I tried to find the source of the stepping in the axis you referred to, but no joy. If I do find something referencing it, I'll post back. Also, Steve's giving good advise on the battery. Being that the machine is new to you, you'd probably be time ahead to just replace it. It's just a pain when you have to reload the software randomly, but it could be a real SOB if it dumped on you in the middle of a long-winded program with tight tolerances. Just something to think about.

JTknives, I tried to find the source of the stepping in the axis you referred to, but no joy. If I do find something referencing it, I'll post back. Also, Steve's giving good advise on the battery. Being that the machine is new to you, you'd probably be time ahead to just replace it. It's just a pain when you have to reload the software randomly, but it could be a real SOB if it dumped on you in the middle of a long-winded program with tight tolerances. Just something to think about.

I too looked into the axis stepping because I know forsure I have run into it many years back.. It's something simpl.. I was thinking a switch in the parameters page, but for the life of me I cant recall what the issue is..

Thanks guys, I got it all sorted out. But now I'm ready to cut and have another error/alarm pop up when I push start. It says

P293 DO-END EXCESS

in the manual it says check the program and correct it so that the multiplexing degree in the DO END statement does not exceed 27.

I'm not using any DO or END in my program I don't think. This program is just a sample program from the programming manual. Just wanted to get a spark and run a test. Thanks guys for any help you can provide.

Oh, last thing. Does the program have to have sequence numbers for each line (N01,N02.....).

Hi everyone.
I have one Mitshubitshi FX10 (not FX10K) Wire Edm Machine since at 1998. My language system Floppy is German (BRD-B19W031-A0).I need English-language System floppy. Have you got everyone this floppi disc? I was cloneing my German floppy disc. (see you enclosed file).If has everyone this floppy, send me clone image file?

Back