What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi MV1200R "Precise Positioning" Feature

Sybilsurf

Aluminum
Just wondering if any MV users use the "Precise Positioning" Function. This is an edge-find routine that uses a slower speed for the positioning that supposedly would result in a more accurate pick-up.

In practice, I don't see that I'm getting a more accurate edge find, and the edge find takes more than twice as long.

Anyone else have any opinions?

Ward

I tried it a few times and didn't notice a diffence either.

Bruce

What I DO see is that the wire will edge find INTO the part by .0002" or more as compared to a "regular" edge find, which makes me very suspicious. If I use the "width" function to center on a known part, or even a pin, the resulting width measurement is generally small by .0006" rather than the .0001" that I'm used to.

Bruce, have you noticed that phenemenon?

Ward

I've tried it but do not use it. Currently I just use the standard hole pickup with the following parameters.
Measure times: 2
Error Range: .00010
(running 5 MV2400 machines, a MV4800 a BA24 & a FA20)

Good Morning Gentlemen,

We have the MV2400R and are programming with Esprit 2014. (We also have an FANUC Alpha-1C)

We just use the hole pick up routine which seems to work great getting in the range of 0.00002+/-

I am always suspicious that the sensor isn't reading accurately but the proof is in the function of the Die Inserts we are cutting.
The Die Inserts go into a retaining plate, and have +/- 0.003" clearance between punch and die, therefore concentricity is an issue.
Without going into a long and boring technical discussion I like this machine.

We have the MV2400R and are not experiencing that much error and frankly when we do our service technicians phone will be ringing off the hook.

They should rename the function doesn't sound quite right.

Back