What's new
What's new

PEPS - Anyone using it?

G-Auto

Hot Rolled
Is anyone using PEPS wire edm software? Specifically to program a Mitsubishi FA10S Advance?

It a bit cheaper than Espirit but they really don't have a specific post for the new Mits machine although they say that they can create one. Espirit is what all the Mits people are using buts is 3k more + the maintenance is more expensive than PEPS.

Hi

All i can say is that they are both top end products which have fantastic features but are quite complex to use and very pricey!!:eek:

Remember having the demo onsite for peps and the rep was struggling to do a simple die block due to it needing an upgrade!!:liar::D

I use Onecnc XR2 Wire , which still needs some improvements , which will hopefully come with XR3 Wire (only £1500(i think) which includes solid modelling) and will do 90% of my work, including 4axis very well.

Havent demoed Esprit but got sent info on it , looks alot sleaker, more modern interface than Peps.

I am sure a POST will be no probs for either company on a Mits.

Cheers Kev :cheers:

The Metal Doctor should jump in here any minute...

I know he used to use Esprit, but has gone exclusively to using PEPS for the last few years.

Esprit or PEPS

I have no experience with Mitsubishi machines, but on Agie machines, both the older machines and the newer ones with 'Agievision', PEPS is far superior to Esprit.

We started with Esprit and had all kinds of problems with the post, especially on the older Agies (200 series). We would get them to fix the post so that it would work somewhat, and then when they brought out a new version it would be all screwed up again and we would have to go back to using the older version.

Since changing to PEPS we have had no problems. They are very knowledgable about wire machines and their customer support is very good.

I went with PEPS

even though they only have the FX technology and the FA S is supposed to be different. They were very customer oriented and gave me a good deal.

Im doing online training tomorrow so Ill see how it goes.

Peps is better

I´ve worked with both CAMs, I get surprised when G-Auto says PEPS cheaper than ESPRIT, sure?, i don´t think so, here in Europe at least is more expensive than ESPRIT, anyway it is also a far better CAM.

ESPRIT has a really helpfull tools, multicavities, solids...., but they have still too many bugs, sometime it takes too long to make some easy programs, on the other hand, the tools to edit, draw, and give technology are really simply and easy to learn, but for me the worse thing is the postprocesor, when cutting 4axis programs it makes too long programs with many lines, the result in your piece could be some marks.

PEPS´s editing tools are really complex, "too german" in my opinion, i mean, to edit really simple things you must do a lot of operations, but it has many many diferent tools to give the technology to your pieces, really easy to use them and really fast, and many different option for your: glues, skims, pocketing cuts....they have also a really good solution for a rotary axis, and the best, the postprocesor is really good, for pocketing, 4 axis etc..

My experience was cutting one 4 axis piece, with ESPRIT´s postprocesor it took more tha 200 lines, the result was a stepped piece, the final result was many lines in the final surface, when people from PEPS postprocesate my program, they made it is less than 20 lines!! the final result was no surface lines.

If I had to choose one of them i would be depending my technologic requirements, if i do normal work, no complex things(pocketing, 4 axis, rotary axis, form tools, ...)y will choose ESPRIT becouse the relathionship quality-price is really good, but for complex things with no doubt i will choose PEPS! even if i have to pay more.

Regards.

I'm by no means a top of the line wire guy, but I'm getting by. westarted out with an Agie, then switched to a Sodick, and have used Peps exclusively for both, and the only problems have been with me, not the software. The programs produced are top notch, needing no editing. I'd have to say I'd be pretty much dead in the water without it.

Back