purchasing a brother hs300
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default purchasing a brother hs300

Hi all I was offered a low hour hs300 at a affordable price, I never used a wedm but I thought it might be a good learning experience. The machine as I understand is now a orphan and the big thing is it hasent been hooked to power in at least ten years is there a chance that the machine will start up or will it have its parameters lost due to the battery that must be dead by now.
    If the machine does happen to start up is it thought to be a capable machine yet, and what sort of communications software would I need to comunicate with a computer.

thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My friend who is is pretty handy at repairing things bought a non-functional Brother HS300, he gave up after a few month of screwing around. He managed to sell it as a parts machine for $1500Cnd. I'm sure there is a market for the individual components on ebay if you fail to get it running.

Yesterday I drove to HGR Surplus and purchased a pair of non-functioning HS-50A Wire edm machines. I have never even seen a wire edm work. It may be the most foolhardy purchase in my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thats what I was afraid of