What's new
What's new

Sodick 327L threading issues

JTB3

Plastic
I'm having trouble with with Sodick 327L breaking or snapping wire after its threaded.
Machine was running and threading fine.
I've replaced the tension detection untin and checked tension and that's good.
It will run and cut fine once threaded by hand.
But it also unspools way to long durning auto threading .

I'm having trouble with with Sodick 327L breaking or snapping wire after its threaded.
Machine was running and threading fine.
I've replaced the tension detection untin and checked tension and that's good.
It will run and cut fine once threaded by hand.
But it also unspools way to long durning auto threading .

We will need more info. do you have a wire chopper. If you do I would remove it to try it without the chopper.clean the tension rollers at the back of the machine.look in at the gears on these rollers for wires in their. Good luck

We will need more info. do you have a wire chopper. If you do I would remove it to try it without the chopper.clean the tension rollers at the back of the machine.look in at the gears on these rollers for wires in their. Good luck

No wire chopper , i did move pinch rollers and adjust location and no wire in gears.
Not sure if this will help narrow it down but I'm currently cutting 2" tall .043 diameter IDs in carbide shafts. The machine will auto thread the parts and not get messed up " snap wire" but if you jog into open and auto thread it threads and unspools way to much wire and once it's caught by pinch rollers it's snaps. I've checked wire tension and it's right on. And it's cutting great also.

We do not use the auto-threader. We always thread by hand. I guess that's why we do not see this problem(?) Our machine runs two shifts; six days a week; ten hour days for 6-7 years now. It's a pain in the butt to auto-thread!

Sorry no can
help,
Crazy

I would verify the settings on the tension control. email [email protected] for this procedurE. we auto thread every day on all jobs.Do you have a jumbo feeder attached to this machine.

No wire chopper , i did move pinch rollers and adjust location and no wire in gears.
Not sure if this will help narrow it down but I'm currently cutting 2" tall .043 diameter IDs in carbide shafts. The machine will auto thread the parts and not get messed up " snap wire" but if you jog into open and auto thread it threads and unspools way to much wire and once it's caught by pinch rollers it's snaps. I've checked wire tension and it's right on. And it's cutting great also.

ok here is my next thought on this at the back of the machine in front of the rear pinch rollers is a clear plastic thing called the wire ejection unit take this all apart and clean it.i bett their is a piece of debris in their.
good luck

So here's update. It will thread when connect type is set to 2 witch is fast threading. BUT only if I turn down the unspooling speed from 200 to 100. It will thread all other connect types also. I agree the pipe needs looked at also. We did have to install servo tension motor and Calibrate. It's back up and running.

Back