What's new
What's new

Sodick Use Vs AgieCharmilles New

espinja

Plastic
What machines to choose?
The sodick's are Demo machines wire VL400Q and sink AD55L (bigger).
The AgieCharmilles are New wire E350 and sink Form20. This are 40K more.

How good are this sodick's should we buy them and save money, but take the risk of not been new.

Please help select.
Thank you

Taking into account my bias, I still have to say that the Sodicks are a much better deal. Charmilles are usually more of a cost-leader low priced machine. Sodicks are the opposite: high end and higher price.

Also, you said that they are used, but the VL400Q was only released at IMTS2016, so it can't be more than 6 months old. That's hardly used at all. I can't comment on the AD55L, but they are also relatively newer models and tend to hold their value pretty well.

Feel free to PM me on the topic, but that is my initial reaction.

Sodick's are less than 6 months use.

If that is the case, I would really go for the Sodicks. They are just a higher quality machine, and 6 months of use is really not a lot at all. They are guaranteed to last for 10 years, though they tend to last a bit longer than that. Are you buying from the OEM/distributor or from a 3rd party?

EDIT: This is actually kind of an important edit. Why are you comparing a used Sodick to a new +GF+ ? The machine you are looking at (VL400Q) is actually the same price new as a new E350 from Agie. You should just call your rep and tell them you want their best price. There's actually no dilemma here at all.

We bought the AgieCharmilles CUT E350 one year ago and I must tell you that we are more than happy with the machine. Easy to program and easy to use.

Back