What's new
What's new

Training for Wire EDM

pslaugh80

Plastic
I'm not an EDM Machinist Iv'e been running ,and programming mills, and Lathes my entire carrier so I'm not to sure on the ins and outs of how EDM's actually work,don't get me wrong I realize what its doing, and I've programmed a lot of 2D with success but I'm getting into cutting tapers , and it seems that I could use a little bit more info on the fine tuning of the machine parameters in order to stop wire breaks maybe even speed up the production aspect of it.
so I was hopping that someone would be able to point me in the direction of training literature on how Wire EDM's work,the best ways to set up per material being cut, and application to tapper cutting and things of that nature, and with any luck also some more info that would help me under stand what id need to adjust for the Fanuc Robocut 18i that i'm running as well as what the parameters mean.
Thanks for any help in advance it is appreciated.

Your best source is going to be your applications support from the manufacturer or the distributor. Each brand machine will have its own individual settings, generic teaching could cover setup and tooling, but my advice , go to the manufacturer.

Back