What's new
What's new

WEDM malfuntion

nincsarcom

Plastic
hi there guys,
we have a WEDM machine at my workplace , not that professional type with automatic wire tensioner and stuff but it's good for us.
anyway, with some other interestnig problems , i have experienced some issues with the conductive pads (witch ones touching the wire giving the current )
time to time the machining procedure is slowing down then stops complitely, then the discharges between the piece and the wire disappears
and its starts to sparkle at the conductors .....making the wire cut them ...and damaging them ,i have tried to alter the tension between the wire and the pads ,but the problem is still coming up ..really annoying
any helping words ..or a complete solution???
sorry for my bad english
patrik.

patrick you are waiting way to long to index the carbides. your wire touches the piece and becomes one with it, now you have a gap between wornout carbide and wire. What machine do you have? different companies have different set ups. how many hours does it take for this to happen?

as i stated i have tried to adjust the pads to the wire and now they are not just simply touching the wire but pushing it . there is no way for the wire to release them BUT they still giving sparks like carbon brushes in a motor
machine :dk7740
it takes 10-20mins :D

as i stated i have tried to adjust the pads to the wire and now they are not just simply touching the wire but pushing it . there is no way for the wire to release them BUT they still giving sparks like carbon brushes in a motor
machine :dk7740
it takes 10-20mins :D

If the wire is touching the contact/brush, there will be no spark.

You can only get sparks where ther is a spark gap.

Either the spark is not occurring between the contact/brush and the wire but somewhere very close, like the connection point between the power wire and the contact/brush, or the wire is not maintaining constant contact with the contact/brush.

Is your contact/brush grooved in the area of contact?

If so, it needs to be indexed so that an ungrooved are is in contact with the wire.

If there are no ungrooved areas available, it needs to be disgarded in favor of a new contact/brush.

Back