What's new
What's new

WEDM selection

KK80

Plastic
Hi,
my company is probably buying WEDM. I have experience of WEDM (Fanuc 0 alpha) couple of years ten years ago. So I know what we can do with the machine, and first I will be operator of the machine.
We will make with WEDM slots to the gears what we manufacture and many kind of tools and fixtures.
With some fixtures cylindricity accuracy is needed to be less than 0,005mm (0,0002 inch)thickness of the part is 35mm to 70mm (1,378 to 2,7559 inch).

I have offers of following machines:
New Fanuc a-C600 iB 160k€ (standard machine)
New Charmilles 300sp 160k€ (standard machine)
New Makino U6 H.E.A.T 125k€ (standard machine)
Used Charmilles 300 79k€ (options:30 kg wire, booster 5000h)
Used Fanuc a-C600 iA 71k€ (standard machine 7000h)

What are difference between Fanuc, Charmilles and Makino?
Is there might be some problems with used Fanuc and Charmilles?

Also I´m interested what are the costs use of WEDM without human?

Thanks

After being a way from CNC for over eight years and finally getting back into it...

I occasionally use a Makino U6 at my place of employment, It's a nice machine touch screen for everything. Easy setup etc.

My only complaint is they didn't buy the wire cad/cam program to go with it and the 44 lb or 20kg wire spool accessory.

The cad / cam package would allow you to load multiple parts and lower your cost.

I would tell you not to talk to the salesmen, talk to an application engineer and get time studies for a couple of your parts to get an idea of time...

I don't have any experience on the other machines

I have been working with robofil 300 machines for 20 years and have nothing bad to say about charmilles machines.
We are buying a new machine and have also looked at Makino, but we experience Makino as if there is more daily maintenance.
We will end up buying AgieChamilles Cut 2000S.
I have some consumption figures for a cut300 somewhere. I'm trying to find them. They are in Danish, Dkr, You can probably convert it ore talk to your local AgieCharmilles supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back