What's new
What's new

Robofil 310 Auto Rethread. Are they depepndable?

Jordan83

Aluminum
We have a Charmilles Robofil 310. The auto threader doesn't currently work. The rethread module is bad. The part isn't cheap. It hasn't worked since we have had the machine. I want to get it fixed but I want to make sure that this setup is reliable before I spend the money. Anybody have a 310 and any input on the auto thread system? Thanks

Reliability is basically dependent on the length of the threading. I can thread 500+ times in a row and never miss at 2.5 inches. On the other hand, when threading at 12 inches, our 310 might miss a thread 1 out of 20 times. Don't forget to calibrate your thread jet at the height of threading for best results.

Hi Jordan, FYI you do not need the rethread module in working condition to use the auto threader. the rethread module is used only after wire breaks or if it misses a thread. If you turn off ATH in the control the machine will sit at a wire break and wait for you to thread. I will still thread and cut the wire normally when it sees it in the program. Drop your power down a little to prevent wire breaks if you run unattended. Remember who cares if it finishes at 3:00am or 3:30am as long as it is done when you get in. Hope this helps.

That's good to know. I will try just using it then. Do you feel that it is a pretty reliable threader? As in does it miss the hole and things like often. Just trying to get other peoples opinions. Thanks

I do not have experience with a 310 but i do with a 240cc and CUT20P and found them to be reliable but slow. The design is the same so 310 should be good. All the Charmilles anneal the wire to take the curl out and only have to thread to the lower head where the wire is grabbed. Cut20P/30P is the exception, the pinch rollers are in the back like an AgieVision machine.

Back