What's new
What's new

whats under the top of a Robofil 310 cabinet?

dsergison

Diamond
Is there any way to stuff a Robofil 310 under a 84" doorway, or better yet a 78" doorway? Is there stuff you can take off to accomplish the move?
the spec says they are 85.5" tall.

I know it's a crappy requirement. but it is what it is. I am not moving or building another building.

Thanks, Dan

Last edited:
Most of the machines I have seen have big rubber bun feet on them does that height include the feet? Instead of taking off the top perhaps you can take off the bottom?

Charles

Is there any way to stuff a Robofil 310 under a 84", or better yet a 78" doorway? Is there stuff you can take off to accomplish the move?
the spec says they are 85.5" tall.

I know it's a crappy requirement. but it is what it is. I am not moving or building another building.

Thanks, Dan

I just shoe horned a Mitsubishi m35k edm into my residential garage. I had to rip the machine apart and cut the molding above the garage door. All I can say is it takes some serious planning... best to go look at a machine yourself to make the call.

I just shoe horned a Mitsubishi m35k edm into my residential garage. I had to rip the machine apart and cut the molding above the garage door. All I can say is it takes some serious planning... best to go look at a machine yourself to make the call.

wow, that's one TALL sinker. I just googled it. what the hell for? it's has a normal ish 10" ram travel. that looks like it might not even ship in a box trailer.

I not to long ago shoe horned my vmc in. I had to remove most of the enclosure. and my door frame. and my steel lintel. I don't really want to repeat that.
http://www.sergisonmachine.net/images/move1.jpg

I'm curious why a wedm which has no spindle motor and such small travels really needs to be so tall. I suppose you don't have to look at the dust on top like I do with the refrigerator.

I'm curious why a wedm which has no spindle motor and such small travels really needs to be so tall. I suppose you don't have to look at the dust on top like I do with the refrigerator.

That WEDM has almost 19" of Z travel FWIW...

I'm sorry to say that there is a bit too much going on under the top.
The main cabinet area (houses axis) isn't too bad, but the electronics cabinet would be a big issue.
It does have feet however that could be removed.
Just not sure how you would pick it up or level it without them.

Jay

wow, that's one TALL sinker. I just googled it. what the hell for? it's has a normal ish 10" ram travel. that looks like it might not even ship in a box trailer.

I not to long ago shoe horned my vmc in. I had to remove most of the enclosure. and my door frame. and my steel lintel. I don't really want to repeat that.
http://www.sergisonmachine.net/images/move1.jpg

I agree its a tall machine, it just created so much more work. I was lucky enough NOT to have removed my lintel, but only by 1/2". And that was after removing the 1200 head of the machine and toolchanger in my driveway.. You are correct on the box trailer. I was lucky to find a step bed curtain side trailer. The only way to move it.

Wow, That looks like you had a serious tight squeeze getting that vmc inside! How tall was it? Are you using a phase converter for it?

I mean 78" doorway, 84" door way if I remove the door frame and lintel. once in it can be 94". was just hoping there would be at least 2"- 3" of dead space under some easy to remove sheet metal. there is one in about 3 hrs away and I can go check it out myself, but figured I could save a lot of trouble. besides, no dealer is going to want some home shop guy trying to figure out how to take their machine apart. :)

Ya know what... I got confused and was thinking of a 330F... The 310 might have a little more room. I think the electronics cabinet is till going to be the sticky spot.
Why the 310?? Non-submerge sucks...

Jay

I dont know. it looks cool, it's all one self contained box and it's just about my size limit?

It occurs to me that this belongs in a different thread. cause it's in no way realated to a robofil 310 headroom

i'm making one

Back