What's new
What's new

Wiring 3-phase contactor with single-phase input and output

arianda

Plastic
I am using approximately 18A from the City's electricity which is 220-230V(Single-Phase) but it could increase up to higher Ampere later, both input and output of the circuit are single-phase and wired with single-phase cable, the problem is the timer that is used for the indoor garden so that the light's On and Off schedule is controlled, but the timer only handles up to 16A so it cannot be used for this amount of Ampere i am using. I am trying to fix this problem by adding a 3-Phase Siemens Contactor (3TF4322-0A) which handles up to 30A. I do not have any experience with contactors, Can anyone help me with wiring this badboy please, i did some research on google and youtube and found some info but couldn't figure it out well, maybe i'm stupid :D, but i learned a lot about contactors. :bowdown:. Here are the pictures of the Contactor i got:
IMG_1169.jpgIMG_1170.jpgIMG_1171.jpgIMG_1182.jpgIMG_1183.jpg

:scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin::crazy::scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin:

230volts 50/60Hz on contacts A1 and A2 will energize the magnet and the NO contacts will switch from open to closed and the NC from closed to open
NO is normally open NC is Normally closed
Maincontacts capable of the 30 Amps are the lower 3. L1 -T1 L2-T2 L3-T3
The other contacts are auxilary contacts
peter from holland

Sorry you need to study some more and get a good understanding of switching and electricity. I could try and help you but that doesn't mean you will do it right. You are putting yourself at risk and anyone that in in the area when failure occurs. The reason I'm posting this is to keep you safe and anyone else. The contactors you show , you call a 3phase , is not! It is a single phase 110vac or 220vac 2 contactors , even though it has 4 contacts. This is known as a multi porpoise switch, 2NO & 2NC switches. Please study it's not that hard to learn, most electrical contractors would be more than happy to give you some verbal time.

#1 add your location to your profile. Make is as specific as you are comfortable with. House rules.
#2 use the timer contacts to operate the coil of the contactor. Connect the two 230 volt lines to one side of the contactor. Connect the two wires from the lighting system to the other side.

This is known as a multi porpoise switch...
That's a type of switch I've never encountered.

Do the several poles jump out of the water in unison, or pass a beach ball back and forth (a porpoise is an aquatic animal).

I think you meant multi-purpose.
Spell checkers are a bitch.

- Leigh

The contactors you show , you call a 3phase , is not! It is a single phase 110vac or 220vac 2 contactors , even though it has 4 contacts. This is known as a multi porpoise switch, 2NO & 2NC switches. Please study it's not that hard to learn, most electrical contractors would be more than happy to give you some verbal time.

Take a good look please It has 2 levels of contacts The upper one with 4 contacts and the lower one with the 3 main contacts
It also says on top L1 -T1 L2-T2 L3-T3 Thats the 3 phases The upper 2NO and 2NC are auxilary contacts NOT MEANT FOR 30 AMPS
First you mention safety Next you tell him to use a auxilary contact for the main 30amps :nutter:

Peter from Holland

That's a type of switch I've never encountered.

Do the several poles jump out of the water in unison, or pass a beach ball back and forth (a porpoise is an aquatic animal).

I think you meant multi-purpose.
Spell checkers are a bitch.

- Leigh

Leigh you just called yourself a bitch.

Back