What's new
What's new

AC/DC Tig Welder - Everlast

Rodm1

Aluminum
So, I've been shopping for a decent AC/DC tig welder. I already have a Miller Maxstar STL 150, but want to expand my ability to aluminum tig at HOME.
-Let's weed out the nonsense right off the bat.... I am a highly skilled welder/fabricator with access to machines that can get just about any job done at my shop. Shop is an hour away and this is for home use. That said I am looking for actual experience with Everlast welders, not a I'm 'merican, chinese is junk BS thread. Looking for an objective and unbiased opinion based on actual experience.
Specifically looking for info on 210ext and 255ext machines. Open as well to info on 256SI.
Thanks in advance for keeping this objective and academic.

I know a person who doesn't seem to be on PM who has had quite good luck with an everlast.

For some very fiddly work (very thin) he used my dynasty 280.

This is of course 1 hand removed.

Also, Jody Collier (welding tips and tricks) has some videos with one, and it looked OK, at least for not-ultra-thin not-special-weird work.

My only real comment is if you want to make good use of those machines especially on aluminium don't skimp on the torch, your going to want water cooled if your doing any welds of any real length. Having a great plant alone does not get you that far. FYI i love my CK flex Loc, expensive, but oh so good for the weird stuff i get to weld with it.

My only real comment is if you want to make good use of those machines especially on aluminium don't skimp on the torch, your going to want water cooled if your doing any welds of any real length. Having a great plant alone does not get you that far. FYI i love my CK flex Loc, expensive, but oh so good for the weird stuff i get to weld with it.

I ended up going with the 255ext. I have access to Syncrowaves and Dynasties at work, but wanted to try something a little easier on my wallet at home. Bang for buck can't be beat. Machine will be arriving tomorrow. I'll definitely be posting my experience.

FYI- 20+yrs welding/fab experience on Steel, Stainless, and Aluminum. Sect IX cert.past 10 yrs.

So I've had the 255ext for about a month now and am very pleased with it. As others have noted the foot pedal can be a little quirky, but arc is very stable and definitely comparable to any other in DC. I have not gotten around to AC yet. Even though the finger tip control is only on/off, extremely helpful in some situations and program controllable with this digital welder.
I did immediately change torch over to 17 and gas lens. A water cooler is definitely in my future.

Back