What's new
What's new

Any recommendations for automatic scissor bandsaw for ~10" round or less

DavidTT111

Plastic
Our shop has been looking at getting an automatic band saw, just doing some tubing, small plates (10" under) and solid bars like 2-4".

We've been looking at the Amada HFA250W and Doall 280NC, quite impressed so far by capabilities and of both. Anyone have other experience with other brands?

I was looking at a Cosen as well but haven't heard much from the dealer, and the Amada and Doall guys are both kind of saying the Cosen isn't as good, but to be fair they have an incentive to I think it is $5-6k less and probably the real alternative they are wary off.

Anyone here have any experience with these particular models?

Our shop cuts about 4-6 hrs a week for some welding and machining.

There is a reason it is cheaper
I have a MH460M and wish I didn’t

Greg

How about the 2 column ones ?

w.F. Wells
and
Peerless

I did some install drawings of a pair of imported (re-badged) peerless ones,
still running strong after IIRC 15 years.

Were i use to be had a new twin coloum amada, sure was a nice saw, but what took it from nice to awsome was the MQL lube setup, we too many used that to cut sections, anyone thats cut tube, large box channels etc gets what a mess flood coolant makes running along the sections. With MQL the work comes of dry, no coolant to mess with and blade life just the same as with flood when cutting pretty much anything but large sections of super alloys. Oil tank just needed a mug full or so a weak, saw just needed brushing of at the end of the day, swaf could go straight into the skip with no draining or mess. That saw had a full time operator, lots of miter cuts in box and cutting all day and not one hint of a issue in the year i was there.

Accuracy and such was awesome too for general fab work. Loads of people say you need a cold saw, but IMHO if you have a good band-saw a cold saw gains you little outside of machined parts.

I sold a Hem saw about that size to a friend but he is not using it, what part of California are you in?
I bought a bigger Hem saw that would miter.

Back