What's new
What's new

Argon refill cost for your 250 Cf tank?

rons

Diamond
A small business I happened to drive by today. Quoted $123 for my own tank on exchange. If I wanted to keep my tank then it would be sent out and filled. Takes a week.

Anybody comment on what they are charged?

I exchange 120cf tanks locally for something less than $80, IIRC. Couldn't lay hands on my latest receipt for the actual price. $123 for a 250cf tank sounds like a good price to me.

I pay $82 for a refill on 250cf Argon tanks. I exchange all my tanks, that way they are always inspected and current. I get decent pricing, as I do several hundred dollars a month at the welding supply, and have been a customer for over 20 years. I would imagine walk-ins pay more. Thats in Washington State.

Yeah, I am paying walk-in price. Wish we had Ohio argon prices out here in PNW. For that matter, I wish we had Ohio gasoline prices out here in PNW.

I just exchanged my owned argon 80 this morning for $40. They might be charging me more because I took my large rentals to a different company.

80 tri mix was 66.75

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Seems like some places are gouging their customers.

I've dealt with this smaller company since 1987, I only use two of 330 cf T size cylinders a year so I pay board/walk in price.Price went up a few bucks January 1st this year as the bottle I got last fall was $58.00.

tonLQaz.jpg

I just changed to a regional supplier, Roberts Oxygen. I don't have a figure for 125 CF but my first 336CF (T size) Argon was $38, the first 80 CF Argon was $24.

Larger cylinders are always a better deal. I don't recall the exact amount but the different between a 80 and 125CF fill was only a few dollars. My supplier will also let me up size my customer owned cylinders for the price difference between the two.

Larger cylinders are always a better deal. I don't recall the exact amount but the different between a 80 and 125CF fill was only a few dollars. My supplier will also let me up size my customer owned cylinders for the price difference between the two.

I almost got a 300 CF but the 250 CF is something that I can lift into the back of a pickup. Without much effort. And I don't like rolling it on the ground, I carry it. The 300 would be a roller for me. Unless I used a dolly or small 2 wheel truck. Whatever.....

Back