What's new
What's new

Water cooled TIG torch options?

Weldcraft WP-20 is pretty much a "standard" when it comes to tig torches. Price seems pretty good. Depends on what hose assembly it comes with. Cheapest would probably be the 3-piece vinyl hose. Nicest ones to work with are the softer braided lines...

Any welding supply will have all the parts in stock for that torch. If they don't, smack em'. Good torch for welding 200 amps and less normally and a little welding 200-250 amps. If you plan on welding a lot over 200 amps, Get a bigger torch.

Tig supplies is one area where I have had good results on Ebay so long as you stay with American made items. Even if you will use the tig infrequently, a good torch will save you lots of frustration.

Here is a Weldcraft for $100 Ebay #170642692073. I have purchased from this supplier in the past a number of times.

Good Luck
Z

Yeah the Wp20 is definitely your standard torch... That is just the torch and hose, dont forget you need the rest of the water cooling setup to make use of it. I paid about 140$ or so in store for mine last time... Sounds like you can search around and get a better deal....

I was welding for about 20 min @ 200a with my WP17 (non watercooled) and I was thinking, dang I wish I had a cooler! I couldnt even hold the torch without my glove on!

Welding is one of those things that you do not buy equipment that accommodates your working range. In other words, if you want to weld with 250 amps, buy a welder that goes to 300 or 350 amps. Likewise, if your machine goes to 250 amps, get a torch that will handle 300 to 350 amps.

This applies to all, save for external concerns like weight, size, and features demanded.

Just my experience.

Back