What's new
What's new

Cabinet door seal

I am building some cabinets for my truck, they are 1 1/2 angle frame with 12 ga siding. The doors are hinged vertically and swing open left to right. These have a plastic fascia with a 12 ga inset that is the sealing surface for the door. I would like some input on door seals and pre-planning for the right seal type. The cabinets are not expected to be water tight, water resistant is good, the seal is as much to minimize vibration and movement in the doors.

I am starting with the presumption of using a bulb seal.

Steve

I had trouble with the commercial under frame toolboxes.

Great looking design, but they all fail.

I would try a welded on strip to stop the blast of water from driving down the road.

It would give immense help to the seal, and let it do what it's for.

I had trouble with the commercial under frame toolboxes.

Great looking design, but they all fail.

I would try a welded on strip to stop the blast of water from driving down the road.

It would give immense help to the seal, and let it do what it's for.

In what way do these fail? These boxes are not going to be loaded with tons of tools or gear. The stuff in there will likely be in plastic bags or containers. The boxes are behind full fenders with mud flaps that are attached to them. The truck is going to be doing light duty as an RV hauler for personal use.

Steve

In what way do these fail? These boxes are not going to be loaded with tons of tools or gear. The stuff in there will likely be in plastic bags or containers. The boxes are behind full fenders with mud flaps that are attached to them. The truck is going to be doing light duty as an RV hauler for personal use.

Steve

Fine with me.

The 2 trucks I had with toolboxes leaked air, dust, water, snow etc.

I know you don't have snow in Southern California, but I think you have dust and rain.

Enough with the calling out my suggestions, do whatever you want and don't
learn a thing from someone that spent a good bit (too much actually) welding up, repairing rubber, sandblasting & painting the damn things to no avail.

Back