What's new
What's new

Are Lincoln's welders made in Ohio?

Edster

Diamond
I know Lincoln is based in Ohio, but are there welders made there? I was looking at there new catalog and I saw one welder with Made in USA proudly displayed on the same page as the welder. I think it was a mig 210 or 215. No other welder said Made in USA which makes me wonder these days where they are actually made.

Edster,

The usual rule on this is that it isn't made in USA unless it says so. Most companies will tell you if a particular model is made in USA. I suspect Lincoln has a mix of imported and domestic.

Checking the company website, I see that the foreign expansion started around late 1980's. Lincoln Electric now has manufacturing in 18 countries, including China, Indonesia, Phillipines, Poland, Italy, Germany, Venezuela...

Probably not much production still in Ohio, but still some. I see they are hiring engineers and welders

Here's the link if you're interested:
http://www.lincolnelectric.com/corporate/about/history.asp

Miller Electric joined with Illinois Tool Works (ITW) in 1993. I checked today, and they confirm that all Miller welders are still made in Wisconsin. Yeah!!

looking for a new multi-purpose.couldent decide between the two.steph,you just made up my mind. god bless the U.S.A. , whats left of it anyway!!

Back