What's new
What's new

Dynasty 350 working out well

motion guru

Diamond
A while back I asked for opinions on a new welder to replace our dying TIG welder and we settled on a Dynasty 350 setup.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...endation-needed-327793/?highlight=dynasty+350

. . . between it and our Linde 600A mig welder, our welding area has been busy the last few weeks. I can say without any hesitation that the Dynasty has lived up to everyone's recommendations and praise. It is a versatile machine that we have used for a broad range of aluminum, stainless and steel applications.

Here is the latest project going through the fab shop. We are building a "Safety Gate" of sorts to protect personnel from large rolls of paper (23 feet wide by 10ft in diameter) from inadvertently coming out of a machine and crushing someone.

The gate has an integrated saw and vacuum hold down bar for cutting the tail off the roll being ejected from the winder section. And locking hydraulic cylinders to hold it up when in the guard position.

A multi-function assembly that will have a lot going on in it. Still a lot of welding to do, but it is coming together nicely.

Complex Fabrication - Google Photos

CRazy looking part. From the looks of the design, might that have been a candidate for tab & slot style assembly? Letting it fixture itself for welding ???

How did you go about matching the level of your two welding platens?

Glad your new machine is working out well. Did you happen to investigate a Fronius machine ?

-Joel

The two Acorn tables on the blue frame have fine pitch screw levelers on each corner and the third is leveled to the first two the old fashioned way (shims and wedges) . . . We have piano wire and a laser that is used for this duty.

Our guys generally don't like tab/slot assemblies when they have this many parts. Any warping of any part makes it difficult to keep key elements aligned.

We really only looked at the Dynasty and used a loaner for a few weeks before pulling the trigger on a new unit.

Why Tig rather than Mig?

In the background of one photo there's what looks like crane with red cross beam. Did you make that? Buy it? For some reason it makes me think there's some cleverness about how its anchored?

Why Tig rather than Mig?

In the background of one photo there's what looks like crane with red cross beam. Did you make that? Buy it? For some reason it makes me think there's some cleverness about how its anchored?

I might be cornfused but every weld I see in the slidshow looks like MIG to me!

Stuart

We bought a dynasty 350 last year. I completely agree with the above comments. It's an incredible piece of equipment. I'd buy one again tomorrow if I needed a tig welder.

I might be cornfused but every weld I see in the slidshow looks like MIG to me!

Stuart

yes - as I said, the Linde has been used a lot, but the Dynasty has been doing the stainless vacuum plenum and grafted in pipe fittings (they are there but I didn't take close ups of them) in the assembly.

Why Tig rather than Mig?

Bought it at an auction - and I hate Google photos! How do you embed a photo from Google photos?!?!?

I added it to the album above - quick link here after hauling it back to the shop from the auction and getting it set up - Shared album - Google Photos

Fill the base with water and that plus the weight of the welder keeps it from tipping over.

I think I paid $300 for the welder and cart with wirefeed unit . . . the part number for the wirefeed unit is emblazoned in my mind p/n SWM-23 . . . it took several months to get the awful images out of my head from googling that part number.

I think the welder cart with wire feed boom is a Bernard.

They have been around forever, I see these starting to replace them:
Home
You'll note this is the new trend, put the wirefeeder drive motor (and roller train)
with the speed controls up on the boom's end, the 50 lb roll of wire, back at the bottom
end of the boom.
And some users are running 1000lb paper barrels of wire for less reel changes.

Back