What's new
What's new

Edwards Universal folder ,anyone use all the extra features?

sable

Titanium
I have had this folder for a long time and occasionally use it for simple bending but I have known for a while that it can do a lot more.

I went to an auction today where I found a bigger sister machine which was power operated and larger capacity but the design was basically the same.

Basically the throat opens up much more than a normal folder allowing the use of various attachments to do curved bends ,box and pan work bends close together etc ,however I have seen a few of these machines but never with any of the attachments.

Anyone have one with the bits and bobs or a sales brochure with them in?

Pics of a similar one
F.J. Edwards 37" hand folder • PS695. - PicClick UK

Thanks for the link. I've never seen or heard of such a creature. It would be interesting to see all the bits and what could be accomplished.

I had one and being a fool sold it with the contract it did.
I had deep top clamp fingers for it amongst other stuff. It was a 60" model.
There was a Edwards folder catalogue on ebay last year and it had a picture of it and the accessories. I gave up when the bidding made well into three figures!
Somewhere I have a sheet metal book from the late forties with a good picture , I 'll scan it at some point

There seems to be a fair few around in the UK though I doubt if many were used for anymore than standard bends ,which is a shame really as they would have been expensive when new and very versatile.

I am going to make some attachments for mine so it can earn its' corn a bit better.

I had one and being a fool sold it with the contract it did.
I had deep top clamp fingers for it amongst other stuff. It was a 60" model.
There was a Edwards folder catalogue on ebay last year and it had a picture of it and the accessories. I gave up when the bidding made well into three figures!
Somewhere I have a sheet metal book from the late forties with a good picture , I 'll scan it at some point

I do have one pic in a book from war time ,it is only from the description in that book that I was able to workout what I had ,and I still only new half the story until the other day when I saw the one with diagrams of what it could do.

Back