What's new
What's new

Welding around corners ???

Ox

Diamond
Just wondering if there is such a thing as a tip that is on a radius (bent) that would help to get in behind a feature?

----------------------

I am Ox and I aprrove thia h'yah post!

If you're talking MIG, then yes. They make a tip that's chopped half off at the end and bent a little. The wire comes out at an angle. I use 'em.

Here's what it looks like. You can bend the half round a bit to increase the curve.

mig.jpg

I am thinking wire. (tha'd be MIG eh?)

I hear-tell of bending rods for a buzz box, but doesn't that break the flux?

back to the MIG:

I just envission a tip just past the trigger that _ instead of the normal 15* (?) departure angle that most (all?) of them seem to be on, if it were to go in a 1/4 circle to aid in getting to some features?

(I don't doo much welding, and has prolly even been a few yrs since I made a spark of my own)

I don't think that Rays pic is the answer to all my dreams. ???

--------------

I am Ox and I approve thia h'yah post!

Stick electrodes can easily be bent....if the flux breaks off its cause your rods have gone bad...new ones don't break

IMHO...the flux will bust off even brand new rods...it's not made of rubber eh! Bend the rod and weld down to where the flux has busted off and do it again...this isn't something that is done on a production basis so burning up a couple of half-sticks isn't the end of the world!:eek:

Stuart

IMHO...the flux will bust off even brand new rods...it's not made of rubber eh! Bend the rod and weld down to where the flux has busted off and do it again...this isn't something that is done on a production basis so burning up a couple of half-sticks isn't the end of the world!:eek:

Stuart

Hello Atomarc
Don't throw those short rods away, use them to finish off a short piece of weld, or to tack your next job. I prefer to use them over a full length rod for tacking, especially when I'm just holding the parts together with one hand & only one hand on the stinger.

Are you talking about the gun itself? Instead of a 15 degree angle between the handle and the nozzle you want a 90 degree? Yes they make guns like that, Even straight ones.

Back